Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

I think you guys are off the mark with Fable. That video was clearly for a game called Glitter Gurls!, a multiplayer game where you shoot glitter onto surfaces to make them yours! MS obviously saw FoamStars at the Sony showcase and said “We cannot have a Splatoon-style game gap!” . :smile:

16 Likes

And maybe this might also be the incentive to add the gimmicks to controllers. You defeat your opponent you than blow into your controller and it blows glitter out of there controller.

8 Likes

3 Likes

This is probably not gonna end well :sweat_smile:

If we’re going with most likely to show up, I still think the one that has been trademarked that everyone keeps forgetting is the most likely thing, esp with Tim Schafer showing the thing that said more coming to game pass soon recently.

1 Like

Costume Quest 3 releasing in October would be a fun surprise. I’m not expecting it obviously, but now I want it. :smile:

6 Likes

What was trademarked?

If people expect Fable purely because of that video, then they deserve to be disappointed if it doesn’t show

It’s not Xbox’s fault clowns jump to any possible connection no matter how far they have to stretch

6 Likes

Kiln, a multiplayer game. They made a demo or test project back in 2017.

5 Likes

Costume Quest 3, if it showed up, might actually be the star of the show for me. No lie. :blush:

Kiln, a neat looking multiplayer game Double Fine showed from the amnesia fortnight that happened during the Psychodyssey documentary.

3 Likes

Watch Fable be there, but not Avowed, haha.

Both were announced in 2020, and we shouldn’t underestimate how reliable PG as a studio is. True, it’s only been their racing games so far, but still. And it’s possible that Obsidian switched to UE5, while PG stayed with Forza Tech. That rumor about Fable trouble and new engine was BS, right?

We also know that Matt Booty has seen it, and I would assume it was in a state fit to be shown off, because he wanted the world to see. PG just wasn’t ready.

Ideally both are there. We’ll just have to wait and see.

2 Likes

Fable’s music is so good man

6 Likes

I will always have a soft spot for Oakvale OST. Fable was the reason why I bought the 360.

6 Likes

Didn’t Danny Elfman have a hand in part of the soundtrack? I’ve always enjoyed his style.

I remember back in 2018 the Eurogamer article, that PG was working on Fable. So it already was in some form of development at that point. I also recall job postings and it mentioned Horizon ZD. This was way before Eurogamer made it known that it was Fable.

But at this time they were still very much getting the team together?

Yea people are setting themselves up for disappointment trying to will Fable into this showcase. Have they NOT learned from the PS showcase?

1 Like

bridezilla-skittles

Is there a chance they will reveal WD Memory Expansion cards, not necessarily directly at showcase, but around that week?

6 Likes

Hey Dex! I’ll keep it short! If this showcase is suppose to be showcase of dreams we need gameplay/teases from the studios Xbox bought in 2018 around the same time like Playground Games, Ninja Theory, Undead Labs, Compulsion Games and the creation of the Initiative. Fable, Perfect Dark and State of Decay 3 need in engine demonstrations/gameplay. Hellblade 2 with gameplay and a release date, New IP tease of Complusion, Forza Motorsport trailer with release date, Avowed shows gameplay and a release year, Everwild shows gameplay and release year, Starfield 60fps, 3rd party AAA Japanese games day 1 on gamepass and or exclusive. That should cover multiple complaints from the Xbox community! Oh a Starfield themed console

1 Like

Yeah, I could see that happening.

1 Like