Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

It does sound close. I’m really most familiar with the music from the third game and from legends so didn’t really notice. But it does seem like they were going for a fable vibe.

What if its music from the new Fable?

So you want no teasers?

Yeah. Zero teasers that hint at potential surprises. It’s always better to under promise and over deliver than vice versa.

2 Likes

How is Fable a surprise? I mean we know they are working on it for years.

2 Likes

I noticed Xbox tends to bring at least 2 new titles to their showcase. Contraband and The Outer Worlds 2 for 2021; Minecraft Legends and Pentinent for 2022. This year, it could be the same. Question is, gameplay or cgi.

1 Like

Fable is likely a 2025 game, so it showing up would be a surprise. Especially since playground tends to show gameplay closer to release than most studios so then showing gameplay would be Very surprising.

Also if we get something like they did for Hellblade 2 at E3 2021 after teasing that Fable will show up they will deservedly get a ton of shit.

2025 really isn’t that far away. Showing a 2025 game in 2023 isn’t crazy at all.

I still think Fable is Fall 2024 and Perfect Dark is 2025 :man_shrugging:

Also, what Playground do for Forza is not indicative of what they will do for Fable. They are entirely different situations. Fable is a game you show 12-18 months before release, not 6 months before.

5 Likes

So I am studying English literature atm and… Do you know which word I just read in my notes?

“Fable”

It must be a sign.

7 Likes

Until some insider says it, i won’t expect Fable on the showcase, at least with gameplay on it.

After all we already have (i guess) Avowed, Hellblade 2, FM and Starfield, that’s gameplay sections for 4 AAA which is a lot.

If we get more than this and games look great, well that’s a show to remember for years and years.

But yea, i’ve seen people expecting Avowed for last 2 E3 and being disappointed after the shows, and now that while it’s not confirmed, it really looks like this is it, it’s a bit sad to see so many Fable comments instead now.

I won’t be upset if i don’t see Fable that’s for sure ,but the 4 games i mentioned before need to be there, and need to awesome, all of them.

1 Like

Phil said they will announce new games, so we are definitely getting more than just Avowed, Hellblade, Forza and Starfield (probably Projects Midnight, Belfry and Cobalt).

The longer we don’t see games, the more likely they will show up soon.

Could it be that he solely meant games from multiplatform studios? Like last year they had several smaller ones like that first person Polemon like game, or did he mean XGS as well? Because a few that we know of remain unannounced like Compulsion, and inXile but I doubt we get inXile. Then non XGS there’s the IO project, Wu-Tang, etc.

And he said games they announced in 2020 they will give updates on that. Iirc that’s Fable, SoD3, Hellblade 2, Avowed and that’s about it?

Ye was talking about AAA games showing gameplay, as for announcements i expect a couple too, Compulsion and Gears 6 look like a safe bet, maybe one of them being a CG and the other some In Engine trailer.

These annoucements, the 4 AAA games i mentioned, and then some XGP games like Contraband, Ara or Belfry.

The rest would be third party stuff, Indies and the GaaS updates.

That’s my bet

He was talking about the XGS lineup at the time, so I assume that’s what he was referring to when it comes to announcements. But obviously I don’t know for sure. Midnight and Belfry are the most likely, and then Cobalt as a possibility. The other XGSP stuff is really hard to judge as we have no idea how far along any of it is. The wild card are announcements from Bethesda, of which ZOS is the only one that I think is realistic (id and Arkane Lyon MAYBE but I really doubt it).

Everwild and Hellblade were announced in 2019 (Everwild shown again in 2020, Hellblade shown again in 2021). Avowed, Fable and State of Decay 3 were announced in 2020. Indiana Jones, Contraband and The Outer Worlds 2 were announced in 2021.

1 Like

Fable gameplay blowout confirmed!!! :open_mouth:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Wished for them not associate with PS, but whatever. Still, for him, Starfield and Forza are enough to be better. Icing on the cake would be Hellblade 2. I know we will get more. Honestly, it’s still going to be better than PS Showcase. The real question is, how bad the blow will be.

1 Like

Starfield, Avowed, Hellblade 2, Fable.

If Xbox show them all and whatever else they are cooking. WOW… All single player games to. The roles will be reverse. Xbox will be the ones with the more upcoming single player games instead of Playstation. The word of mouth would do wonders for mindshare.

7 Likes

If we get the first six items on your list it would be an A+ showcase for me. Anything beyond that would just be bonus.

I will be shocked if State of Decay 3 is there, but it would be a very happy surprise.

Here’s my guess for what we may see, trying to keep my expectations reasonable:

• Guaranteed: Starfield, Forza
  • 95% Probability: Hellblade 2 gameplay, update on Ara
  • 80% Probability: Avowed and The Wandering Tower, gameplay or in-engine
  • 70% Probability: Fable gameplay or in-engine, Compulsion CGI, a surprise of returning IP (Banjo/KI most likely), Contraband in-engine or gameplay
  • 60% Probability: A new PC-first game like Ara
  • 50% Probability: Revival of a 3rd party game associated with Xbox (Dead Rising, Splinter Cell, etc.), Gears teaser

I would be surprised: SoD, Indy, Cobalt, etc. (would love to see them though)

3 Likes

Indy is more likely than a lot of other games because of the movie coming out.

1 Like

If Fable isn’t at the showcase I bet Stein regrets making that video.

6 Likes

You would like to think he wouldn’t make the video if it wasn’t there, but also maybe he didn’t expect this kind of fervor around it. Who knows.

2 Likes