Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

I would go into the showcase expecting Forza and Starfield, hoping to see updates on a few of the games announced in 2019 and 2020, and open to any other possibilities. You don’t want to be dissapointed based on what isn’t there.

17 Likes

I see nothing wrong with what you posted. I just wonder if Xbox might be having a bit of fun with the community with some of this stuff. The idea that they are just overtly teasing stuff is obviously a possibility as well.

2 Likes

It’s almost as if their job is marketing…and they’re trying to get people to watch……their marketing event.

4 Likes

I’m on the train that Fable get shown. Especially now that the 12 months release windows is no longer a requirement.

1 Like

I don’t either but it was tossed aside already by 2 posters. While I understand expectations can cause disappointment, why shut down a good faith speculative conversation about what else marketing could be hinting at besides watching their showcase? It comes off as policing and dismissive, which is why I said just to forget what I posted.

1 Like

Fable can be that game for Xbox after Starfield that gets everyone excited for Xbox.

I know they got Avowed, Hellblade, etc, but Fable does have more brand power and it always wins the polls for what people want to see.

11 Likes

That’s want I’m doing. I’m mainly getting myself hyped for my Starfield details/gameplay. At most I’m betting on more info on Avowed and Hellblade 2 but other than that I’m keeping my hype towards Starfield.

That was the problem with 2019 showing despite with over 60 games. It had montages and plenty of pauses that hurt the flow. Also, the games were saved for next gen console, so it’s all about what’s left and a little of what’s next. 2021 has one but I’m fine with talking on all Bethesda going Game Pass and Doom Eternal update. Obviously, those are done, so we are thin on what they can do now.

Saw this earlier and thought it was Fable related. Pixie dust (there was a fairy in the 2020 trailer)…but it turns out the Music is from Fable and it had the follow the glitter function instead of a map.

Its 100% going to be at the show

4 Likes

Apologies if I came across as dismissive, as I truly didn’t mean to - and while I personally don’t see the fable element that strongly, I do actually expect to see Fable and honestly think it will be out either this fall or next year.

1 Like

The E3 of Dreams…

2 Likes

If we get Hellblade gameplay and gameplay for one of either Fable or Avowed… I will grant you E3 of Dreams.

7 Likes

Can’t wait for them to announce the Fable Season for Forza Horizon 5, where they replace the driving line wiyn glitter

12 Likes

I think you need to have a revival of some sort. Like the PS E3 of dreams with FF7R and Shenmue 3.

1 Like

Which PS fans forever hold to be every showcase known to mankind. It could be a showcase for only one announced title and they still believe this dream to happen. That’s it’s why the recent showcase failed miserably for them.

1 Like

5 Likes

4 Likes

While I did play and completed FF7R when it released, back in 2015, I didn’t care about it or the other two games which made up the E3 of dreams. Microsoft’s E3 2013/2014/2015 Showcases were better than Sony’s. The reason why so many look at that Sony E3 2015 show is because with those games, as a PlayStation fan, you feel like there’s a chance that you may get your dream game.

1 Like

Yeah, thats Fable

or this

3 Likes