Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

“Like last year, we’ll also have our follow-up stream, Xbox Games Showcase Extended airing June 13 at 10am PT, with in-depth interviews focused on the news from our Xbox Games Showcase as well as game updates from our partners.”

I think you’ll see them at the main show if they have significant DLC or expansions on the horizon. I would guess that Fallout 76 and ESO will be there in their own short packaged segment. I think Sea of Thieves is a lock with whatever their next season is, but I have no idea what Grounded has cooking. FH5 is probably not going to be there and I don’t see why State of Decay 2 would be there either.

I think those of you wanting/expecting the show to be mostly new 1st party stuff are going to be disappointed. I think we’ll get a few new things mixed in with things coming in the short term as well as updates to existing games and a healthy portion of the show dedicated to indies and 3rd party partners. And everything will be Gamepass. :smile:

5 Likes

Pg2g beat me to it.

Extended Showcase two days later.

I’m expecting all six of those games I mentioned to be at the showcase. I just don’t want them to be due to the fact that they’re all last generation games and more importantly I don’t care about any of them. lol

I’m not expecting or wanting the entire showcase to be first party. For 90 minutes, that’s not happening anyway. I want third party AA and AAA blockbusters. Doesn’t have to be day one on Game Pass. I will always take a game that’s for me that I have to buy over a day one Game Pass game that isn’t for me. lol

Definitely expecting Indies. UGH. Hope that shit is a just a 5 minute sizzle reel segment. lmao

I’m going in with the expectation of plenty indies, because it probably will be similar to last year, with the vast majority coming to GP day one. And I agree with you about third parties, I miss that a little from the last few showcases. With the exception of Diablo 4 last year. For example if CDP has a trailer for Witcher remake ready, show it. We all know it won’t be GP and that’s fine too!

1 Like

I think we, as gamers, may sometimes forget that the Showcase and other marketing events communicate something to employees as well. I imagine if I was a developer at ZOS and had been working my butt off on a new expansion for a year I would be a little disappointed if the higher ups at Xbox decided “my” game wasn’t important enough to get a spot at the Showcase.

I have no idea if ZOS has anything to show - just using them as an example since ESO is typically one of the games we hear gripes about when it is at a Showcase.

5 Likes

I’ll always OK with 10 minutes of 90 going to stuff like that.

1 Like

It was foolish to think they wouldn’t be there.

I’m fine with 1 minute or 2 long quick trailers for ongoing GAAS. What I don’t want though is showing something like ESO and then “Hi, I’m Pete Hines, what you just saw was the next expansion for ESO. With over x million players[…]” for the next 3-4 minutes.

5 Likes

What are the rumours of a Psychonauts 3 ive been hearing about? Any truth to this?

Nope, people reacting to some puzzles on a regional Xbox account

1 Like

Just posted:

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1663651704133373953?s=20

Fable?

2 Likes

Expecting anywhere near 90 straight minutes of nebulously impossible to define AA and AAA content is slightly unrealistic. And I updated your last line. It’s cool that you don’t want to see just that, and I agree that seeing only indies could be boring, but it would be cool if you could just stop putting stuff you don’t like that takes a chance and is different as being “just indies.” I don’t complain about all the big flashy trash games I see that I don’t want to play every time I talk about the showcases. And having rewatched last year’s show last night, I think a lot of what you called indie probably would have classified as AA. .

Yeah, this is fair. Even if they did have someone like Matt Booty or someone say hey were going to give you an update on what’s coming to some of our biggest games over the next year and then do a couple minutes apiece for Halo, SoT, ESO, etc. but without separate intros.

Funny Stein marketing beats are not teasers.

1 Like

Have to be hinting something…

I feel like Xbox might be lightly trolling the community with some of this stuff. :smile:

2 Likes

I think they’re hinting that we should watch the showcase.

3 Likes

Yes that of course, but the glitter trail and music is similar from what we know and saw with Fable. But, whatever, I am not about to go back and forth. I post the content in the correct thread and yet it seems like no one wants to engage based on these comments, so forget I said anything.

2 Likes

I don’t mind your guess, I just honestly don’t think this means anything. I also hadn’t seen it with sound until just now. I kinda get what you’re saying but still don’t think so. If anything the glitter made me think of stars, ala starfield.

Bethesda Games at the showcase?

Wolfenstein 3 confirmed

It’s ESO and FO76 updates isn’t it