Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

It’s wild how in 2018, they had 8 first party games shown/announced with one being an update (SoT). This is before they acquired studios. Up next, 2019.

2 Likes

Whats the typical amount of games they show each showcase?

Does this apply to everyone here??? lol

I’ll buy you the game of my choice, and you have to finish it hahha

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what game would that be exactly?

Inspector Gadget :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Never would have guessed that in a million years. While this game has a better chance of me beating it than many others that you could have chosen, you can keep your money bud. I’m good. Hehehe.

1 Like

Somebody gotta buy it after the Xbox community begged for it lol

3 Likes

You know, past E3, they somehow can squeeze in over 50 games. Why they can’t do that today I wonder?

WTF? I would never ask/beg for even a massive major AAA title let alone an Inspector Gadget but for those who did, more power to them. lmao

The showcase where they had 50 games or so included a montage of like 15 games or some shit. Not really all that impressive.

90 minutes. Just give me 30 good or better games. Quality > quantity.

But you won’t know until you play. Sorry for smart ass comment but it is subjectively true. Also, I’m watching them and they’re pretty good titles. Sekiro, Metro, The Division 2, etc. Not like we’re dealing with bunch of Foamstars. Kind of funny to see so many Square games on Xbox old shows. Usually it’s western division but still.

1 Like

True but most games you can just look at and you’ll know if it’s a quality game. You can also look at the studio and how long it takes for that studio to release a game and you’ll know. Granted, you’ll get a Redfall or Days Gone here and there but then the vast majority hit, those rare misses don’t mean much if anything.

Also, if it’s a sequel or expansion for example Silksong which isn’t for me but I can easily see that being a 90+ rated game. Some shit you just know.

Whether or not those games are for you (or me) remains to be seen. :slight_smile:

Actually, the montage you mentioned actually happened in 2019. In 2018, they did none and just kept the ball rolling. It was showcase before showcase. 2019, there’s more pauses with announcements presented by staff.

Let´s see, if they don´t appear at the showcase, you buy me a copy of any game I want, deal?

I want to see these graphics in the event, Forza Horizon 6

4 Likes

Please sir. I live in a third world country. English isn’t even my first language. I don’t understand the words ‘buy me’ ‘any game’ and ‘I want’

7 Likes

Forza Horizon 6 with the latest iteration of Forzatech will look bonkers no doubt!

Seeing Ninja Gaiden or Scalebound by Platinum in the showcase would be awesome. Believe! :philwins:

2 Likes

Hopefully PG can find a good AA solution because man, it just isn’t as clean as I’d like it to be. If it was Gears 5 or even RDR2 clean…oh my. But the aliasing absolutely is noticeable. I hope so much they have found a good AA for Fable.

IIRC all Forza games as of now use MSAA (I think it’s 4xMSAA in the case of FH5), we’ll have to wait and see what AA solution the new Motorsport will have to get an idea of what we could possibly see in FH6. Also MSAA and TAA both have their pros and cons, TAA may be better at smoothing out the jaggies but MSAA results in sharper IQ (without the need for a shaprness pass/filter applied to avoid bluriness) and it’s also devoid of any artifacts which may appear more pronounced in lower frame-rates and may affect negatively the quality mode in FH games.

I completely trust Playground so I am sure they’ll do the best they can for their games.

3 Likes