Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

I think the showcase should open with a gameplay demo of Avowed. Because, you know Phil said on XCast he’s seen some good progress on the build of Avowed so why not open the big showcase with Avowed?

3 Likes

The three for me would be -

1. Hellblade 2 (2023 or early 2024)
  2. Avowed (early to mid 2024)
  3. Forza Motorsport (November is my guess. Don’t personally care but all the games im interested in excluding the two listed above aren’t going to get a release date or even a year whatsoever)

Fable. It’s time.

3 Likes

I’m just gonna make a prediction/speculation ( no sources or inside info, just pure guess ) with 99% chance of being wrong : either Dead Rising 5 or the remake of the first one.

Extas1s (Spanish leaker) confirms Wandering Tower and Compulsion’s game are 100% in the showcase.

2 Likes

lmao. atleast he is straight to the point. better than Jezz and Grubb’s typical ‘game/dev X probably will appear at the event’ statement.

2 Likes

Several days later, Jez / Jeff: "that’s totally my speculation, folks":joy:

1 Like

Has anyone posted this yet?

Could be a psychonauts 3 thing but that seems to soon so maybe it’s something else.

IIRC Double Fine want to focus on smaller titles. And Xbox would never tease something on a regional Twitter account.

9 Likes

If he is wrong? He is wrong. Atleast he says it with conviction. I respect that. Other leakers are always trying to weasel their way out of making a prediction with conviction.

5 Likes

Don’t read into this, it’ll be something like an Xbox umbrella that can hold food or something.

4 Likes

Regional twitter accounts never tease anything substantial. Best to treat this like nothing.

1 Like

I missed the Lex Fridman Todd Howard podcast episode when it came out but I’m catching up on it now.

So great. I could listen to Todd Howard riff on RPG design for another 10 hours. Makes me want to play through Skyrim again for the nth time.

1 Like

Deleted, wrong sub

It’s cringe worthy… And exactly how it feels like

14 Likes

June 11th I’m going to be on a 15 hour flight to southeast Asia. Too bad I’m going to miss the showcase. I am hoping that the plane(Delta) has good wifi…

2 Likes

Delta has great wifi. Should be good to go. I stream frequently on flights with Delta.

1 Like

Thanks! Or I can maybe watch it during my layover in South Korea. But I know South Korea is 13 hours ahead of us.

3 Likes

I’m expecting mostly 3rd party titles coming to game pass stuff Halo Infinite, Sea of Thieves and Grounded updates/DLC Another Hellblade trailer with no release date. Hard release date for Forza. CG trailer for one of Avowed/Fable/Everwild And that’s pretty much it.

I’m still in the boat that most of these games are late 2024 at the earliest but I’m always happy to be surprised. That and with how rough Redfall launched, I rather them take enough time to mail the landings. Nintendo doing that with TOTK was great.

Edit: Setting my expectations low to reduce chance of disappointment lol

3 Likes

This would be very disappointing though, especially with how Phil saying how things finally are lining up. Sounding more and more like we could be getting close to having several big exclusives in a year, starting with 2024. CG for Avowed would be a bad idea.

But I do get ya. Sometimes it’s easy to start hyping yourself up, when you really shouldn’t. Sony basically handed the “win” to them, but it all depends on how ready to show this stuff is.

My thoughts on your expectations

1 Like