Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

There was that short Concord CG trailer where it shows a spaceship (with a glimpse of a hamburger in the future) and that pretty much screams a single-player game set in space, right? It’s not! That game is going to be a competitive PvP shooter game and that CG trailer looks nothing like that! What were they thinking?

Concord & Fairgame$ should’ve had a trailer with gameplay footage and that was one of the problems with Sony’s showcase, full stop.

1 Like

Sega was notably absent from PS Showcase. Can’t say this event means no Yakuza over Xbox showcase but if so and Sega will still be in present, wonder what could be. Atlus? Again, just throwing possibilities and not guarantees.

6 Likes

RGG isn’t the only dev Sega have. and Alan Wake 2 will get another show at Summer Fest despite just got shown at the PS showcase. i’m not worried.

I know, which is why it could be interesting to think a new game announced. But again, just speculations.

1 Like

Don’t give me hope…

1 Like

I KNOW YOU’RE GONNA DIG THIS

1 Like

Shows how under appreciated Xbox Showcases are.

18 Likes

If anyone wanna walk away with these shows happy… Then don’t compare the shows to other platforms.

It’s the most unfortunate thing in this industry.

7 Likes

It makes it harder when you have a set preference. Once more, Xbox is set to be a platform that has its own identity rather blue box green edition. Think as an incredibly late Nintendo. The difference is Nintendo arrived during the breakout period of gaming, so nostalgia will be running wild. Xbox is in the period where another platform can be hard to stomach, so folks decide to get rid of it.

I too don’t want to see any pure CG trailers. If a game isn’t far enough along to show either gameplay or in engine trailers then DONT SHOW IT. This probably limits them to only showing games coming in the next 2 years, maybe even 1.5 years. But that’s just fine. I think Xbox has plenty of great stuff to pack the show with that’s out before the end of 2024.

1 Like

I think CGI could work for games highly requested like KI 2.

3 Likes

CGI is fine if you’re announcing a game and it will be more than fine if it’s a game from the past. That just me.

3 Likes

Prediction, since we’re in a middle of it. Not a bad take. I assume Starfield is connected to DD show when he said this.

5 Likes

They could always show a trailer with a deep gameplay look there.

Yeah looks about right.

For real though Forza, Starfield and Diablo 4 is honestly enough for me for gaming in 2023. I’ll be playing the crap out of Diablo next week all the way up till Starfield and then when Forza comes out I’ll play that for a bit and then probably cycle through those 3 until the next big games hit next year. So seeing Starfield and Forza is good enough for me everything else will be gravy, don’t know how much time I am even gonna have while trying to juggle Starfield and Diablo 4 and that doesn’t take into account when a new Halo season starts, send help.

1 Like

A staple of every “E3 of dreams” should be a revived Dreamcast property.

5 Likes

They need a deal with Sega and bring Dreamcast BC to Xbox, upscaled in 4K with 16x AF, would be dope AF! Even better, make it let of GP Ultimate and dump all the first party Sega Dreamcast games in there!

Also, we need that new live service Jet Set Radio game asap so that everyone can finally understand the concept of love!

2 Likes

Seems a tiny tiny bit much but I think it’s 90% likely. Just one or two things I’d change.

Even if people don’t compare it to other platforms, they will still compare it to previous Xbox Showcases which is what I do first and foremost. For me, 2021 > 2020 > 2022.

I’m just hoping 2023 is at least between 2021 and 2020 for me.

Xbox announces release dates for 3 games in the showcase (games with no release date yet)

What are those for you?

1. Motorsports
  2. Hellbalde
  3. Ara Histroy untold

Will this be enough for release date quote of the show? Or do you guys want more?