Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Well if there was ever a show to be confident after it would be that

5 Likes

If it’s true about confident, it’s probably why they started to retweet and spread words on their showcase as well as theater setup and all. I mean they’re paying our snacks and show. That’s 2 trillion dollar company power play right there.

6 Likes

Personally don’t think it is reading too much into things to say that Xbox’s reaction after the PlayStation showcase is one where they are bullish about what they have.

The question is whether it will land with the audience. P

1 Like

4 Likes

he was right to hype up the ps showcase, because it had great 3rd party stuff . the issue is it didn’t have 1st party which he wouldn’t care about

10 Likes

9 out of 12 games shown are games on my list. The three games that I have no interest in are Age of Empires IV, Everwild and Forza Motorsport.

9 / 12 for me as well. State of Decay, Everwild, and Contraband are not my jam.

1 Like

I loved State of Decay but dropped SOD 2 after 15 hours or so. Really hoping that Undead Labs works on the combat/gameplay, animations, technical issues and gives me a really good story campaign. The base building is deep and can stay the way that it is. Really want to see Contraband gameplay. Hoping there’s car combat similar to Mad Max.

I hope we get updates on some of those 2020 games, but outside of Starfield, Forza, and seemingly Hellblade I have no clue. Everwild employees have talked about that one going well, but what is it? Contraband I don’t know. Avowed sounds awesome, and I love what we’ve seen/rumors heard about it. I’m super excited, mainly at how little I feel like I “know” about this show. I did have the same feeling about the PlayStation one though…

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m actually very very curious about publishing right now. We know about Ara History Untold and Contraband. The Wandering Tower seems to be another. However, we had been hearing all kind of rumors popping up from Jeff Grubb and Jez Corden for several years about what they had going on.

Now we really havent heard anything leaking about what publishing has going on. I have a hard time believing theyve slowed down, especially when the amount of publishing games they are pushing is to secure oermanent gamepass content. It should be exciting to really get surprised with these things moving forward.

1 Like

I’m actually pretty excited about what 3rd parties are going to appear at the Xbox show. They don’t need to be exclusive either, I just have a feeling MS scooped up some nice “reveal at the Xbox Showcase” deals based on what Sony did (not) show.

3 Likes

I expect to see Like a Dragon Gaiden at the Xbox Showcase

5 Likes

It’s pretty clear Xbox has a leak sealer in check. We may get some, but perhaps towards the last 24 hours. They’re airtight on this one and I know Phil is doing the hardest to keep it this way.

3 Likes

I’m so happy about the large amount of WRPG’s. It seems like it’s a genre that has been ignored by developers but it’s also my favorite genre.

3 Likes

This already looks awesome and there are a lot of games missing from there!

Love the variety of Xbox 1st party so much, so many different genres and styles. This will be an amazing generation for Xbox!

3 Likes

a truck ton of salt. that spain “insider” guy said that 2 “unexpected” xbox game at the showcase will leave people’s mouth open.

2 Likes

Serrano? Because then we know it’s utter bollocks. That guy, haha.

2 Likes

I’ll keep my mouth shut thank you very much

3 Likes

Given the range of hyperbolic reactions gamers give to everything, that statement is meaningless anyway.

3 Likes