Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Grubb has no knowledge on the showcase as of now. He hasn’t heard any and it doesn’t help that he’s been busy with something else. If he does, the best he will do is list games that won’t appear.

I do this too. In fact, I do this every year for the generation. So I rewatched the Sony PlayStation Showcases the last few weeks going into yesterday and rewatched the Xbox Showcases over a month ago. I did this not only to rewatch them but I wanted to see how many games I got out of each showcase.

Granted, last gen games/dlc/expansions, mobile, VR, remakes/remasters are excluded. For me, they have to be console games that haven’t been released yet. In other words, new upcoming games. Showing the same game in multiple showcases is fine as long as it hasn’t been released yet.

This is my rundown and the percentage is for games that im getting -

1. PlayStation Showcase. September 2020. 5 games out of 8 for 62%. 4 games completed. Only game remaining is Final Fantasy XVI. Even if I don’t complete FF XVI, this showcase with the next one is still tied for my #1 of the generation.
  • Final Fantasy XVI *
  • Marvel’s Spider Man: Miles Morales *
  • Hogwarts Legacy *
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • Resident Evil VIII: Village *
  • Deathloop
  • Oddworld Soulstorm
  • God of War Ragnarok *
  1. PlayStation Showcase. September 2021. 7 out of 14 games for 50%. 3 games completed. 4 games remaining.
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic *
  • Stellar Blade *
  • Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands *
  • Forspoken
  • Rainbow Six Extraction
  • Ghostwire Tokyo
  • Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy *
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Blood Hunt
  • Deathloop
  • Tchia
  • Marvel’s Wolverine *
  • Marvel’s Spider Man 2 *
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • God of War Ragnarok *
  1. Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase. June 2021. 9 out of 25 games for 36%. 4 games completed. 5 games remaining.
  • Starfield *
  • Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl *
  • Back 4 Blood
  • Contraband *
  • Battlefield 2042
  • 12 Minutes
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Party Animals
  • Hades
  • Somerville
  • Halo Infinite *
  • A Plague Tale Requiem *
  • Far Cry 6 *
  • Slime Rancher 2
  • Shredders
  • Atomic Heart
  • Replaced
  • Among Us
  • Eiyuden Chronicle
  • The Ascent *
  • Age of Empires IV
  • The Outer Worlds 2 *
  • Flight Simulator
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Redfall *
  1. Xbox Games Showcase. July 2020. 5 out of 14 games for 35%. 1 game completed. 4 games remaining.
  • Halo Infinite *
  • State of Decay 3 *
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Everwild
  • Avowed *
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl *
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • The Gunk
  • The Medium
  • Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
  • Crossfire X
  • Fable *
  1. PlayStation Showcase. June 2020. 5 out of 23 games for 21%. 5 games completed. No games remaining.
  • Marvel’s Spider Man: Miles Morales *
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart *
  • Forspoken
  • Stray
  • Returnal
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Destruction All Stars
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits *
  • Goodbye Volcano High
  • Oddworld Soulstorm
  • Ghostwire Tokyo
  • Jett: The Far Shore
  • Godfall
  • Solar Ash
  • Hitman 3
  • Little Devil Inside
  • NBA 2K21
  • Bugsnax
  • Deathloop
  • Resident Evil VIII: Village *
  • Pragmata
  • Horizon Forbidden West *
  1. PlayStation Showcase. May 2023. 5 out of 25 games for 20%. No games completed. 5 games remaining. This could increase to 7 out of 25 games for 28% which would move it up one spot if Helldivers 2 allows me to play fully solo ala Division and Outriders and if Phantom Blade Zero is purely an action RPG, NOT a souls game and has difficulty options. Need more info on these two games.
  • Fairgames
  • Helldivers 2
  • Immortals of Aveum
  • Ghostrunner 2
  • Phantom Blade Zero
  • Sword of the Sea
  • The Talos Principle 2
  • Neva
  • Cat Quest
  • Foamstars
  • The Plucky Squire
  • Teardown
  • Towers of Aghasba
  • Final Fantasy XVI *
  • Alan Wake 2 *
  • Assassin’s Creed Mirage *
  • Revenant Hill
  • Granblue Fantasy Relink
  • Street Fighter 6
  • Ultros
  • Tower of Fantasy
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2 *
  • Marathon
  • Concord
  • Marvel’s Spider Man 2 *
  1. Xbox Games Showcase. June 2022. 4 out of 23 games for 17%. 1 game completed. 3 games remaining.
  • Redfall *
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong
  • High on Life
  • A Plague Tale Requiem *
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Overwatch 2
  • Ara: History Untold
  • Ark 2
  • Scorn
  • Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn *
  • Minecraft Legends
  • Lightyear Frontier
  • Gunfire Reborn
  • The Last Case of Benedict Fox
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Naraka Bladepoint
  • Pentiment
  • Ereban: Shadow Legacy
  • Diablo IV
  • Ravenlok
  • Cocoon
  • Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
  • Starfield *

NOTE: I do retro-actively go back to these showcases every year and for a game to “count” towards the percentage, I must complete it. If I don’t, the game no longer counts and the respective showcase(s) get adjusted accordingly.

That’s my ENTIRE rundown for this generation’s showcases for both Xbox and PlayStation. I’m pretty sure that when you and others look over the games with the asterisk next to it, you can clearly see what kind of games im into, that are for me and that I will play to completion.

I’m going to say something that will surely piss off majority here but please understand, this is again, FOR ME PERSONALLY. Last year’s showcase and most of what Microsoft does outside of their first party studios is what I see as Game Pass filler and fodder not because of the quality but because they’re mostly Indies all the fucking time and games like The Ascent, Kena and Flintlock are as close to Indies as im going to get so what Microsoft’s direction is while I understand it and like that it’s different than Sony’s direction, again, for me personally, if you’re not giving me BLOCKBUSTERS, then in all honesty, you’re basically Nintendo, meaning that you’re giving me nothing of interest.

This is why I have low expectations going into the showcase in two weeks because I KNOW their direction which is as we all know, Game Pass but let’s be honest, Microsoft isn’t willing to pay for AAA marketing deals so in my mind, there’s literally zero percent chance of them paying for an AAA title that’s also FOR ME to be in Game Pass day one, meaning that the vast majority of the day one Game Pass games will be, yep, you guessed it - Indies. Not for me.

With that all said, up to this point in the current generation, Sony as given me more great to excellent games than Microsoft. As of now, it’s 5 to 1. PlayStation 5 is my secondary exclusives only console and when it comes to any console that is not my primary, I see it as a bonus. Xbox One gave me 5 exclusives. All bonuses. PlayStation 3 gave me 5 exclusives. All bonuses. If you’re not my primary gaming console, my expectations are low because I know that I will only play on average, 2 exclusives a year which is perfectly fine by me because again, it’s secondary.

Xbox Series X is my primary gaming console for the entirety of this generation. There’s a lot I love about the console, platform and eco-system but at the end of the day, it’s all about the games and how many of those games are for me. As of right now, I have around 10 first party games on my list. Just waiting for them to have gameplay shown and to eventually get released so I can play them.

NOTE: I hope everyone can understand my point of view and realize that im not speaking in a general sense but in the “for me” sense.

Maybe. Go rewatch the 2018 E3 Xbox show. While mostly multi-platform, they had a lot of great games on their showcase and ended granted, with a multi-platform game but how fucking cool was it to see CDPR “hack” the showcase and re-reveal Cyberpunk 2077? Then, a year later, Keanu fucking Reeves on STAGE. I like the digital format but man, I just don’t have the confidence in Microsoft to wow me with a surprise. Hell, even showing Killer Instinct 2 or a Banjo remake would give me confidence because then, there’s perhaps a chance I get Ryse 2 one day. After last year’s showcase, my confidence just isn’t there bud.

4 Likes

I understand the viewpoint of “not for me” and I respect that. You can’t win them all. The best you can get is the IGN meme, something for everyone.

1 Like

True and agreed. :slight_smile:

I think Hellblade 2 is probably the only game that is absolutely guaranteed to be shown off as Phil Spencer basically confirmed it in that interview. Obviously we saw that on-the-rails giant fight, with the insanely beautiful visuals, so what do they show off next? Proper combat? Is there more exploration? Have they added some light platforming? Do they give a hint of the story? What about the puzzles, how have the expanded this?

I have so many questions about this game, and I am so excited to see ANYTHING about it. The first game really affected me with its storytelling.

you mean motorsport as per MS’s statement yesterday. unless dev or xbox say “x will be featured at the showcase” or something, nothing is confirmed.

Hence “basically”.

Yeah, this is interesting. I don’t recall them ever having done this.

He also mentioned Avowed in basically the same breath. I do not think that was an accident.

The reason why last year’s showcase was weird was because of the 12 month thing. They almost certainly aren’t doing that this year, which makes it more exciting. And even if they are doing it, there are a lot more games expected in the next 12 months than the last 12 months.

1 Like

The hype train is starting its engine.

8 Likes

Starfield alone is hyping me through the roof !

6 Likes

A great video if you want a bit of a recap of what we already know about the game

4 Likes

Pretty crazy that there is a showcase and then afterwards Xbox’s biggest game this year will have its own show.

I do wonder what game will be the tent pole for the showcase.

Even Forza will only be there for a trailer and not a walkthrough like last year. The shine is definitely going elsewhere.

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling that Hellblade 2 is going to be the talk of the show.

1 Like

Hellblade and Avowed, with Project Midnight being the biggest surprise.

Obviously if Fable or Perfect Dark are there, they will likely be the most hype showing if they look great.

Wow Xbox really has a chance to take some momentum away from PlayStation. Watched their showcase, wasn’t terrible till I realized most of their games were multiplat(marathon!!). Also feels weird that Sony seams to be pivoting away from singleplayer games a bit.

I hope to see good gameplay from Hellblade, avowed, forza, fable and of course starfield. Contraband is extremely likely to be there with gameplay as well.

Very hopeful that Xbox will blow its load so to speak and show what’s coming more than a year away. Perfect dark, everwild, doom 3, gears, halo battle royale, zenimax game, state of decay 3, inexiles game, and more.

Nuts that Xbox not only has a very realistic chance of destroying their main competitor’s show, but are realistically able to dominate on the singleplayer side of things.

1 Like

I’ve been out off forums for a few months. What’s project midnight?

Compulsion’s future title

1 Like

Singleplayer third-person action-adventure game in a dark fantasy world from Compulsion Games.

Edit: I can’t wait to get a title, that’s such a mouthful :rofl:

1 Like