Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Every show that is hyped will be a disappointment. Its a simple law of physics. They should be saying ‘solid show with some good games don’t expect surprises’ that way people will be set expecting that and above it is a bonus.

I don’t see anyone hyping stuff up anyway. It’s just xbox capitalising on the buzz to promote their event.

What people read into it is on them.

6 Likes

I think June should show that XGS is just more ready with showing their new projects than Sony is. With a hopefully strong 2024.

5 Likes

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but while i think last E3 from MS was meh, no way it was as bad or worse than yesterday’s, maybe from a third party perspective, cause Alan Wake 2, Dragons Dogma 2, Street Fighter etc were fine, but from a console manufacturer? Nah. And expecting gameplay for like 6-7 AAA games is not realistic, 4 would be really good already.

4 Likes

I know we have very different taste in games, but for me personally, it was one of the best shows I had ever seen in terms of # of games it showed that I wanted to play. I don’t remember specific numbers, but it had a lot of stuff that looked good, and I would have been fine with the 12 month thing becoming normal with maybe one further out title at a show. Sorry to hear it wasn’t for you, but I’d be super happy if they showed off more like that and maybe throw in one or 2 more things for you.

5 Likes

I’m going to watch 2020-2022 to get some sense on how they deliver their show. Getting ready for the main event.

5 Likes

I like doing this too.

2 Likes

Drop it all. Even if most are CGI and are long away. CGI announce trailer for some bangers far off is gone to build that mindshare. Imagine if they announce Fallout New Vegas 2, even if it like 8 years away. The announcement alone will send the hype and mindshare through the roof for Xbox.

5 Likes

I think Microsoft could get away with cgi if it is a game like New Vegas 2 or GTA6 (doesn’t even need to be exclusive, but that’s a dream or delusion, this is not happening)…

Its now wide open for XBox to have a great show and outdo Sony for quality and number of first party games this year. This is now XBox year to lose we can do it and win

CGI is to build hype/mindshare. MGS3R is CGI hype announcement. A game like New Vegas 2 for example… Is a system seller. People alredy know what they are getting with Fallout. They don’t care if it CGI, they just want the announcement that it being made.

imo you can get away with CGI if you mix it with a lot of gameplay from other games.

If you show 3 CGI games and only 1 gameplay like yesterday, or what MS did in 2020, that’s terrible.

If you show gameplay for 4 big games and 1-2 CGI announcements? I bet there won’t be any bad narrative, just that they showed 4 AAA’s and announced another 2.

New Vegas 2 is the only announcement that could warrant a CGI trailer (maybe Banjo but I just don’t think that game is realistic until ABK is done and Xbox get Toys for Bob).

I believe very strongly that Xbox need to start announcing games with gameplay, ESPECIALLY Project Midnight and Project Cobalt. Wait an extra year or two to announce games, skip the CGI trailer and go straight to in-engine footage or gameplay. Sony did it for Horizon 1 and GoW 2018 and it worked extremely well.

Banjoo would make for a cgi announcement or Wolfenstein 3. Anything that is a revival or continuation can be announced with CGI. A new IP cgi trailer is not exciting but important for recruiting developers.

3 Likes

Yeah, I edited my post to mention Banjo, but I don’t think that’s happening until ABK is done and Xbox gets Toys for Bob.

Wolfenstein 3 I guess is possible, but I feel like they would do what they did for New Order and New Colossus and announce when it’s much closer to release. I also just don’t think we’re getting Wolf 3 until after Indy.

I do think we’ll get a CGI trailer for Arkane Lyon’s next game (especially if it’s Dishonored 3) but that won’t happen this year. It’s too early.

Edit: If ZOS is making a Star Wars game, that would also be appropriate for CGI.

I’m hoping that they’ll manage to have a show that keeps the pacing great. Yesterday was the opposite of that, several games that just didn’t look that interesting and it hurt the show for sure. It would be good if the show starts with something from XGS, perhaps not a trailer but a short gameplay demo. Bit like how years ago Rise of the Tomb Raider opened their show.

I wouldn’t mind short gameplay demos of all their big upcoming games instead of trailers. Hopefully as little cinematic trailers as possible too. That shit got tiring last night.

If I were them, I would open with Hellblade 2 and immediately announce November 2023, then go into something like a gameplay reveal for Avowed or Project Midnight and say early 2024.

I would end with Fable or Perfect Dark if they are late 2024 or early 2025.

5 Likes

Expecting:

• Forza Motorsport
  • Starfield
  • Ara History Untold
  • Age of Empires 4 (Console)
  • Hellblade 2
  • Avowed
  • STALKER 2

Possible but surprised:

• Fable
  • Perfect Dark
  • Ark 2
  • Everwild
  • Contraband
  • Replaced
  • The Wandering Tower
  • Gears 6

Very Unlikely:

• Indiana Jones
  • State of Decay 3
  • Elder Scrolls 6
  • Fallout
7 Likes

I don’t know why but I don’t think Ara will be here. Just got a feeling they aren’t ready and are still working with the insider community to get it feeling right.

Edit: TES VI isn’t unlikely. It’s impossible.

Would switch Ark 2 with Stalker. I’m also expecting a trailer for Minecraft and the newest ESO expansion.

1 Like