Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

So what are the big games people thought would be at the PlayStation event but were missing? There’s a chance those could show up at the showcase.

Big ones that jump out at me are Mortal Kombat and Persona.

4 Likes

FM, Hellblade, Starfield and especially Avowed are MORE than enough. I’m praying for Avowed and Hellblade to be shown. But yea those four are more than enough for a nice comfortable “come back.”

5 Likes

I thought they would’ve shown Wolverine…

3 Likes

MK seems “neutral” although maybe they have a gameplay trailer. Persona seems intensely likely, possibly even the other Sega stuff.

Plot twist: Castlevania revival is an Xbox showcase reveal lol

6 Likes

MK is announced to appear at Summer Fest. So they’re neutral.

4 Likes

TLOU Factions seemed like a lock for this showcase. Hopefully, it is at Summer Games Fest.

1 Like

Xbox employees are hyping the show up I hope it meets expectations

7 Likes

MK has been confirmed for Summer Games Fest

(wrong thread)

1 Like

That’s never gone wrong in the past… :smile:

3 Likes

Mortal Kombat was announced to be at Summer Game fest earlier this week.

Just for reference. PS Showcase is aiming for C. Last year, Xbox got an A. Not saying you’re wrong to think otherwise, but you can see why Xbox has been doing good in showing. This year will be no different. Only matter how good it will be.

4 Likes

Just shows all games that are in development

A Take2 studio acquisition…

2 Likes

Imagine if we just get it all.

Halo BR

Midnight

Double Fine non Tim Schaffer game

Perfect Dark

Cobalt

Hellblade 2

Avowed

Fable

Motorsport

AOE 4 Console

Gears Collection

Contraband

Belfry

Quake

Indy

Wolf 3

ZOS Game

1 v 100

And why is MS okay to show all of this? They know ABK is going through, and that there’s more to come after.

3 Likes

Wow. 38% graded last year’s Xbox showcase an A on Keighley’s poll. Holy shit. FOR ME, it was the worst Xbox Showcase in a decade and even after the PlayStation Showcase hours ago, is still the worst showcase for me this generation. If this year is the same as last year, then Sony already won for me and they didn’t do a damn thing and didn’t give me anything that I didn’t already know about.

As for this year’s showcase, for me they better come out swinging. Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark, Contraband, Forza Motorsport and a few reveals. All GAMEPLAY. All running off Series X. Let’s fucking go!!

calm yo fits bro

5 Likes

I like how the story goes

2020 - PlayStation has games, Xbox no games 2021 - Xbox has games, PlayStation no games 2022 - PlayStation has games, Xbox no games (but Xbox is a monopoly) 2023 Xbox has games but their trash but still a monopoly. Sony WILL have games….Sony “we have no games”

The year on year off cycle never ends

9 Likes

It’s been more than three years since the announcement of Avowed, and don’t get me started on that “soon”. With Phil in his latest interview having mentioned that we’re gonna see games that were announced in 2020 and also mentioned having seen a build of Avowed…I hope he did that for a reason. He pays attention to what is said on social media and forums, he knows.

This is going to be the “E3” where we finally start seeing results of the acquisitions.

2 Likes