Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

After that Playstation showcase…

**DON’T **

SCREW

UP

THIS

LAYUP MICROSOFT!

12 Likes

The narrative will not be changed with one show, at least not with the casual public.

But for hardcore, it could be the start of a message. People should understand that Sony is damaged by covid and escalating production costs and delays, same as the others. Remove Insomniac and its amazing productivity and the rest is struggling to produce something which is not sequels or remake. Add the GAAS orientation of the Sony direction, Xbox may have some place to shine.

4 Likes

If Xbox have a good gameplay showcase of Hellblade 2 and Avowed and maybe a little something else, they’ll be in very good shape. If Hellblade looks as good is has been, then Xbox will win this (silly) battle of the showcases. I’m really rooting for them.

3rd party wise PLEASE show the new Tomb Raider!

3 Likes

Sony goes back to skipping E3 again after this. People like the “idea” of Sony much more than the smoke and mirrors reality.

Never mind wrong thread :laughing:

If the whole pattern is true with odd number being best showing, this is it. This is the big chance.

Ok. Go Xbox.

Avowed will be enough, but add hellblade II, Gears 6, Starfield, Forza and Belfry and you’ll build crazy hype.

6 Likes

Honestly, I’m all for Avowed, Hellblade and the likes, but I also like to see what potential hidden gems MS might show in terms of indie games as well.

5 Likes

Right now it’s clear that Xbox actually has more IP in development, current gen only at that and also new IP as well. I really expected so much more from Sony’s own studios today.

Tomb Raider would be awesome, but it’s going to depend on what MS is gonna go with. It could be one of the few titles not coming to Xbox, just like last year with Diablo and Overwatch 2.

I do wonder how far along Tomb Raider is though.

2 Likes

This was retweeted.

11 Likes

This showcase was a miracle for MS imo, i really expected them to take a big last hit before their June show, with 1-2 big moneyhats and some cutting edge graphics AAA games, and somehow Sony didn’t deliver anything close to that.

If Sony did what most of us expected them to do, even if MS landed a good show, the comeback would have been slow, but this is something different and unexpected, they can show gameplay for at least 4 AAA games and announce a couple games that look more interesting than the ones Sony announced.

I mean as someone just said, it won’t change the whole narrative of the poor Xbox’s generation so far, but it can be a very good start.

I don’t and nobody should expect an insane showcase for MS, but FM, Hellblade, Starfield and Avowed should be the minimum, and then a couple game announcements like GoW and Compulsion, if we get good release dates for some of these games, and a good gameplay showing, that’s more than enough.

Lastly, im glad to see MS writing some “agressive” tweets etc today, i think that if they are confident on what they have, it’s what they should do, and try to act like in the X360 days.

7 Likes
11 Likes

This is the first good news for Xbox since Hi-Fi Rush.

4 Likes

The confidence is real…

8 Likes

Avowed, Hellblade 2. Just show them 2 game alone will be better then what i just watch from PS 1st party showing today.

5 Likes

I didn´t expect to say this at this particular moment, but it is really easy for Xbox to surpass what Playstation did today.

3 Likes

We need that One More Thing Banjo-Kazooie announcement and Xbox Series sales will shoot through the roof and supplant PS5 sales within a year or 2. Phil, do it!!! This is your chance to blow the competition away in one fell swoop!

1 Like

Xbox would literally have to not show 1st party games for 1 plus hours to not be better. It’s literally impossible at this point since we already know Starfield and Forza Motorsport will be shown. Throw Hellblade 2 or Avowed in there and it already way better.

4 Likes

After that Playstation showcase, Xbox should take literally everything they have that’s presentable in any way and jam it into their show. Phil should come out with his best Roddy Piper/Duke Nukem impression and say “I’m here to show off exclusive games and chew bubble gum , and I’m all out of gum”. :smile:

8 Likes

Actually I disagree. I think after this PS showcase Xbox can leave some stuff for later and be pretty safe.

2 Likes

“My name is Phil, I’m about kicking ass, I’m about taking names, and we’re about making games!”