Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Yeah , something that broad could be. But I’m still not expecting it. I think they will focus on games and nothing else, except for MAYBE the Family Plan (but even that is unlikely for a showcase).

any non-game announcement is best reserved for the extended showcase.

5 Likes

This is how I would do it…

Midway through the Xbox Showcase and Phil is playing Starfield on a TV and couch. Phil hands the controller to Todd and stands up and walks to center stage.

“What you just witnessed was a real-time live demonstration of me playing Bethesda’s exciting upcoming Starfield on the smart tv Xbox App. When Starfield releases September 6th to Xbox and PC consoles, I’m excited to announce that September 6th also the date that Xbox cloud gaming is leaving beta and opening up to billions of devices. Starfield will be gamings largest release of the year, and now even people without any console at all can pick up a controller and join in the fun at no extra cost with an Xbox Gamepass subscription. Available for the first time ever on internet connected devices that you already own.”

Todd walks next to Phil,

“Join me after the Xbox showcase to hear more about Starfield. And join me September 6th to make starfield gamings biggest event of the year”

Cut to a glossy video that gives details and such about the September 6th release of the Xbox smart tv app.

1 Like

My showcase prediction

• Indiana Johns CGI Trailer
  • The Wandering Tower (Stoic Studio)
  • Hyenas
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Game Pass
  • Flintlock: Siege of Dawn
  • The Lamplighters League
  • Ara: History Untold
  • Contraband
  • COCOON
  • Annapurna Interactive Sizzle
    • Maquette
    • Solar Ash
    • Bounty Star
    • Flock
    • Thirsty Suitors
  • Neon White
  • Stray
  • Exoprimal
  • Pragmata
  • The Inquisitor
  • Sea of Thieves
  • More Atlus Titles for Xbox
    • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
    • Persona 5 Strikers
    • Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster
    • Shin Megami Tensei Ⅴ
  • Persona 3 The Reboot
  • Party Animals
  • Halo Infinite
  • Age of Empires IV
  • KILN (Double Fine)
  • Riot Games Titles coming to Xbox
    • League of Legends Wild Rift
    • Valorant
  • Forza Motorsport
  • JP Games Unannounced
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  • Giant Monster News (Zenimax Online)
  • Avowed Gameplay Reveal
9 Likes

Pragmata has a marketing deal with playstation.

I hope Ereban: Shadow Legacy gets a release date. It was at last year’s showcase. It’s a stealth indie game.

Are we sure about that? because Xbox showed the announcement trailer at their TGS showcase 2020. I don’t think that they could do that if there was some sort of marketing exclusivity with Sony involved, right?

3 Likes

Maybe Pragmata will appear today or in the Summer Fest. Otherwise, delay is what I’m expecting.

And we still have zero idea what it even is.

Exactly. A new IP for sure, but nothing on the game. It got to appear today.

1 Like

I could have sworn that Pragmata was a PS5 exclusive.

No, it was only introduced in a PS show. It’s a Capcom game.

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess I just thought it was a timed exclusive.

One would thought, but it was quickly confirmed for XS when Xbox posted an article over their site.

People just making stuff up lol.

4 Likes

Many don’t want a Series X pro right now but announcing the same this year would change the narrative that Xbox is less invested in console now.

It will raise confidence in market and media.

1 Like

I feel midgen upgrade is pointless when most games being made are still crossgen

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a big deal.

The bigger issue is introducing a new console when you can barely even stock the shelves with the XSX while your competitors have no issues with doing that. Maybe solve that before you announce a new console lol.

4 Likes

Next console should atleast be on par with rtx 4080 in terms of rasterisation and RT performance.

1 Like

The opportunity Xbox has right now to basically change the narrative with one showcase is freaking unbelievable… Don’t miss it up Microsoft…

Even Starfield alone would be enough, but add Avowed and Hellblade 2 and that becomes way better than Sony’s… Add Contraband and it becomes way way better… Add Fable or Perfect Dark… And you basically cement it… Add a surpising reveal, and you are basically in uncharted territory…

13 Likes