Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Fancy playing the game?

Opener: Hellblade II

Closer (aka one more thing): Banjo

2 Likes

Opener: Hellblade II or Avowed

Closer: Compulsion Gamesā€™ new game reveal.

1 Like

I could be way off but I think the fact they chose September instead of November is interesting

If the game really needed more time why wouldnā€™t they just release it in November like they were planning last year? Itā€™s only another couple of months after all

2 Likes
9 Likes

Often I agree with you, but thereā€™s where it stops, for now, haha.

60fps or not I donā€™t care, I need, neeeeeed to play that sucker. This game is likely so big that you will still be very, very busy in it if they would have a 60fps option two months later. :slight_smile:

And as for that framerate, we should get clarity on that during the stream. During Xcast Phil was asked about the 30fps/60fps thing and if we would hear what about Xbox regarding that, he said yeah.

Definitely! November would have made do much more sense, grab as much time as you can. So September sounds like they are feeling good about it.

1 Like

Hahaha. I get that you want to play the game badly but if it means getting a better playing game and experience, wouldnā€™t that make the game even more enjoyable?

Iā€™m 100% on team delay if/when games need to be delayed.

Always. If it needs it, it needs it. But if the game is finished, perfectly playable and pretty much locked at 30fps, mostly polishedā€¦then I say itā€™s go time! Iā€™m keeping in mind what Todd said. Even if we do end up getting a performance mode, I expect the mode in 30fps to look the very best, and I do love me some good graphics. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we can expect some Overwatch 2 stuff as well, especially with the PvE side that is supposed to appaear in Season 6.

Not having 60 does not mean the game is not ready. Thereā€™s 0 need for it. Nice to have sure, but by no means delay worthy. Who gives af in an RPG?

For the record I was very worried about the 30 fps in Redfall, that being a first person shooter, but it was very stable and worked well. (I get motion sickness easily from bad first person games, where higher framerate is one thing that helps a lot, had no such issues in my 50 hours of Redfall though)

2 Likes

I was disappointed by the Redfall/30 fps announcement

After playing it I realised I really didnā€™t care about it much at all, I mean the game has far bigger issues than frames but even ignoring that, the game plays fine at 30

Starfield is a far, far more ambitious game and is much more understandable as to why higher framerates might be more challenging, I have zero issue if it does end up being 30 only

Iā€™ll still choose 60fps over 30 everytime itā€™s an option but 30fps is nowhere near the disaster people preach about it being since this gen started

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s that nasty PC side of things that have started to leak into consoles for a while now. Pushing performance for the sake ofā€¦ pushing performance. Itā€™s very boring, and annoying as someone who left PC gaming behind much because of the weird focus on everything but the actual games.

1 Like

In all honesty, if thereā€™s no 60fps performance mode at launch, Starfield will go in my backlog and be demoted to my 50/50 list just like Redfall. Iā€™m sorry but im not going to keep accepting 30FPS from the hardware manufacturerā€™s first party studios.

All im going is that I didnā€™t buy an Xbox Series X for $800 just to still be playing first party games from studios that the hardware manufacturer owns at 30FPS. Just nah. Iā€™m not accepting that shit so with that said, I respectfully disagree bud.

Sidenote: Why did you buy a Series X for $800?

2 Likes

It was part of a GameStop bundle. Itā€™s less than $800 after trading in the three games that came with it but in order to get the console, I had to spend the $800. This was two months after launch. Buying Series X (and PS5) were a pain in the ass to get.

1 Like

Aight, I bought my launch day Series X straight from MS.

Tried that. And Best Buy. Every time I tried to buy one, it would never go through. Was finally able to get it from GameStop in late December 2020.

a 60fps mode means it is pushing less than a 30fps mode. There is no world where the 60fps mode is the same game technically than the 30fps mode. In some cases, pushing 60fps will degrade your game too much or make it impossible to run, if the cost is in the game mechanics rather than visually.

1 Like

I wish they would also announce Xcloud opening to more countries during this showcase. My home country has it, but I now live in HK and canā€™t access it.

Dunno how good it is, but would love to try.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not really a showcase announcement. They can put that news out any time on Xbox Wire and Twitter.

4 Likes

Could be a ā€œXbox Cloud Gaming is finally out of beta, and we are extending it to more countries and all these games youā€™ve seen today will be playable through itā€. It would be a nice showcase announcementā€¦ but I donā€™t see it happening, unfortunately.

1 Like