Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

I dropped BOTW after 20 or so hours. Had my fill and moved on. Of course, Nintendo isn’t for me anymore. Definitely hyped for Fable!!!

1 Like

Extended showcase tomorrow :sunglasses:

7 Likes

The discourse around the Fable protagonist is disgusting. I remember people were doing the same with Aloy from Horizon. People need to touch some grass.

17 Likes

It’s not about touching grass. These are horrible people, plain and simple.

6 Likes

It’s wild that Bioshock is in development hell, so Inxile is like “Fine. I’ll do one myself.” Sadly for non-Xbox platform user, this is your only bet.

Man I was all on tempering my expectations and warning others but man am I GLAD to be wrong. Xbox is really back to form with Phil and its only gonna get better! And not to console war but I seeing a certain fanbase trying to hate hard on the showcase but good to see the media speaking positive.

Whats even more irritating to watch is the disclosure based on the only short gameplay

The game is not even out yet and nothing is being confirmed. So why speculate and try to sabotage the game right now?

I just don’t understand this behavior on formus sometimes

Forza was at the show

Why are people against the protagonists who can defeat a giant?

1 Like

No

Now I say this as someone who enjoys hot girl characters as much as any guy, there are limits to how far one should take it. I don’t think anyone should apologize for liking to look at attractive characters, but once a person starts to get emotional and crossing lines like insulting devs over a character not being attractive enough to them, then they should really take a step back and evaluate their life. (not saying you are doing this)

We all need to do a better job helping our fellow humans enjoy life the short time we are here together, video games is one way we can do that.

9 Likes

Just listening again to the IGN podcast and Ryan and Destin are stoked but that Kat Bailey woman is all like ‘ughhh not great conference no gameplay’.

She’s clearly incredibly anti Xbox.

6 Likes

Folks have been insulting PG about Fable? Because that’s just as pathetic as it gets.

That one guy yelling. Man, I remember back in E3 2013 when Battlefield 4 had audio issue. What a development.

3 Likes

I think it’s very funny that Fable looked so good that people just assumed it was some sort of CG/engine trickery

Even though it literally says in-game footage lol and not even high end PC’s but a Series X, PG are wizards

9 Likes

I don’t know how far it has gotten, but the groups that use terms like “woke” are already going off.

This was posted in N4G site and oh boy, the comments were not having it. If this is the moment when you need to know what the site is filled with, this is it.

3 Likes

The new Fable is woke thing started months ago. Think some culture war Youtubers made videos complaining about how Fable was going to be woke due to some of the writer staff or something like that.

Well this isn’t gonna change anytime soon so the PS fanboys should get used to it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :philwins:

I’m not looking at the comments, but it’s interesting to see how these stories work:

‘Can Xbox deliver on its promises? Time and time again, we’ve been given assurances about numerous games, only to wait year after year or be disappointed with something akin to the quality of Redfall.’

Legit question: marketing reels are just that, marketing reels, and Redfall was disappointing, as was a slow 2022.

But is that really what MS has offered the past, say, 3 years? Because the vast majority of their games have been on time, have been of good-to-high quality, and generally well-received. I expect journalists and bloggers to simultaneously critique and call things out, and actually pay attention to things happening. That is: to actually critique.

Like, I don’t give a fuck for Metacritic, but MS was publisher of the year in 2021. That is apparently utterly meaningless in the very same discourse in which participate people basing their entire worth on MC scores. It’s just bizarre.

8 Likes

The sad thing is, when you say good things about Xbox, you gets so many thumbs down and I have seen many already. I only come there for news and nothing else.

1 Like