Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

I so agree with this, about the way better colors.

4 Likes

Blessing on KF said about the Starfield Direct, ā€œEvery single sentence was exciting.ā€ :laughing: Perfect description.

11 Likes
6 Likes

Or may be just like us he is waiting for Hellblade 2 gameplay

I think HIFI Rush got a steam update for incoming new achievements. Im expecting dlc.

The show is great 9/10 for me, I just hope this isnā€™t the main protagonist for Fable.

6 Likes

Why?

1 Like

Doesnā€™t look good at all. I hope we can create our own character.

1 Like

Agreed. Looks like a skinny version of Abby from TLOUP2. lol

1 Like

Fable 3 let you choose male or female, and all of the previous games had customization on the level of hairstyle, facial hair, clothing, etc. (plus the morality system physically affected your character like making them look angelic or devilish depending on how you acted). I would expect character customization in this game for sure. Maybe not super deep, but at least on the level of choosing race and gender, hair, etc.

8 Likes

The actress for the new hero. They probably did motion and face capture, cause they look similar.

15 Likes

Imagine adding ABK in the mix in a year or so. 2 hours ainā€™t gonna be enough lol Although if you take away Toddā€™s deep dives youā€™d save a lot of time but I enjoy these presentations a lot; MS should keep the deep dive to their most anticipated game and have at least 1 per year to really sell the game. Like next year could be about Avowed if that ends up being their holyday title, and in 2025 could be about Fable. I think the fans enjoy it a lot and people love to see more gameplay so itā€™s always a positive in the end.

1 Like

Am I the only one that find it hilarious that the new SoT update crossover will be single player friendly. That felt like a slap to the face on PS part since they went out of their way to give GaaS games yet here is a successful one with a new update that focus on single player.

4 Likes

Eh thatā€™s just a bad screenshot. I think the character captures the tone of the game very well.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if we get the expressiveness that we saw if there is too much customization. A more focused character might be part of Play groundā€™s take on Fable.

2 Likes

Listening Kinda Funny review on the showcase. Few things I agree:

The third party showing were handled better than PS because it does show its gameplay, grasp your interest to their world. PS was more like showing and not telling you how will it play, which I actually said the same thing in my review.

The flex that Xbox did about third party coming to the platform canā€™t be replicated by PS because of game pass. None of them are coming to PS+ service, so the effect will be more of backfire than shot fire.

PS is all about Phase 1 and 2 or whatever it was said; Xbox is about the great journey they have been preparing begins now.

6 Likes

KF always do a great job with their showcase reviews.

1 Like

Phase 1: work on Shawn Laydens backlog

Phase 2: Jimmy Ryan is now pressing the gaas pedal

8 Likes

I know some donā€™t watch it, but Iā€™m a fan of the KF shows. Greg can be a bit much with some of his takes, but the rest of the guys balance it out.

I also checked out the Iron Lords live reaction stream and it was hilarious watching J-Dubb (PS fan) cope. From the moment he came on stream with his background set as Redfallā€™s Metacritic page, to him struggling to justify scoring the showcase an 8, which was only 1 point more than he gave the Sony showcase.

4 Likes

He did that? Lol. Wow.