Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Not sure if anyone had a problem showcasing an expansion, but it sure worked into their favor. Plus, it made me want to play it.

2 Likes

I was saying in the Avowed thread that these stills look fantastic even though the visuals in the trailer were unappealing to me. The extended showcase will hopefully counter the criticisms on the art direction.

Nothing against Indies, but I am surprised on the low count of it from this showcase. Since Twitter has bunch of haters of indies, wouldn’t this showcase be in your favor by your logic? Huh? This Showcase is really turning heads.

1 Like
3 Likes

Ok I haven’t had a chance to write here after the showcase. But man, Xbox delivered! So many great looking games. Fable, Hellbalde 2 and Starfield are out of this world. But even the other games looked great mostly, plus cool surprises like Towerborne (reminded me of cadtle crashers) and Metaphor out of nowhere. The only negative thing I can say about this show is that I’m shocked we haven’t gotten an update on Halo Infinite. I mean they showed an Overwatch update but not your own flagship title? Also there is a new season coming up in about 9 days?! Hmm

5 Likes

Giant Bomb at Nite: Night 3 - YouTube Phil & Matt Booty are live now with Giant Bomb

4 Likes
1 Like

Okay i’ve watched the showcase 3 times now. Youtube stream and then XboxEra reacts and Kinda Funny reacts. That’s enough showcase for now lol.

5 Likes

I really liked the XBOX Games Showcase and the Starfield Direct, I think Microsoft was in the right time to show off a few of their big games that people wanted to see and they absolutely delivered. Starfield, Hellblade 2, Fable, Avowed, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Clockwork Revolution looks great even third-party games like Star Wars Outlaws, the Persona games, Cyberpunk 2077 DLC, Metaphor, 33 Immortals and Like a Dragon looks pretty good as well. Giving it a 8/10.

Also, the Starfield Direct was a much better presentation than the one last year because I’m glad Microsoft continuing to do that “Developer_Direct” approach where a lot of the BGS developers talk about the game and that game looks super polished and unbelievably BONKERS at the same time. I hope MS do more of these in the near future.

3 Likes

It’ll be the same thing that happened with Starfield, RPGs are really hard to show off without going in deep with the gameplay mechanics/systems.

Avowed and Fable will have their respective directs and wow us just like Starfield did. Starfield went from being a B from prior showcases to an absolute A+. What a showing, probably the best deep dive in gaming history, it was that damn good.

1 Like

Yeah, with game pass involved, a snarky “these games are coming to PS”, just doesn’t really hold any weight.

2 Likes

For all intents and purposes, this fastly upcoming Forza Monthly is a Forza Direct deep diving the games campaign.

2 Likes

Man that starfield deep dive has me more hyped for a game than I’ve been for a very long time. Thought overall it was an excellent show and gave it an A-. After the initial part there were plenty of games I’m looking forward to with avowed and clockwork revolution being my two stars but plenty more I will be playing. Would have liked to see some combat from fable and hellblade which would have gotten me more excited along with a bit of in game from still wakes the deep.

They showed a nice amount of first party stuff but the great part is there’s still so much after this, games from ID, zenimax online, machine games, perfect dark, everwild, outer worlds 2, state of decay 3, the coalitions next game plus all the announced and rumored Microsoft publishing deals

6 Likes

I’m running off little sleep here so excuse the dumb question: I thought Phil Spencer was supposed to join some podcast after the Showcase? Or am I mistaken and It’s after the extended showcase?

Or did I dream this all up?

At around the 2 hour 10 mark Twitch

1 Like

I noticed that, was a bit disappointing. Maybe they have stuff in the extended showcase today?

Great showcase. My main thought while watching was Xbox is in a very good place even without ABK. If the acquisition goes through? Oh boy!

3 Likes

OK, the scale and scope is Starfield is one such example I was looking for :grin:Insane presentation.

Other highlights of the showcase were Clockwork Revolution, Avowed and Dungeons of Hinterberg (in that order).

3 Likes

When was Ryan from IGN gonna talk about Starfield, which he has played?

You know it’s a great show when you’ve barely given a thought to what wasn’t there (Gears, Everwild, Perfect Dark, Contraband, etc.) and still come away with a smile.

I think having less games (25 in total) than what Sony showed the other week helped the pacing greatly. It didn’t drag and I can remember pretty much everything they showed, as the games had time to breathe.

3 Likes