Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Playground games are wizards and Starfield looks insane and easily the biggest WRPG ever made, like holy shit that game is freaking huge.

Aso very excited for Avowed, ready for another Skyrim like RPG again before ES6 comes out.

13 Likes
13 Likes

I have seen very few of people trying to downplay the games, first or third party, only to be overwhelmed by positivity. Remind me of Squidward only one saying terrible but everyone else went applaud uproariously.

5 Likes
10 Likes

Rewatching the Starfield Direct and man, the combat is looking SO damned good and fun now. The hit reactions, the ragdoll physics and how fast it all is. What a difference with last year.

13 Likes

Yep. That extra year of fine tuning really showed, in all aspects.

2 Likes

My only disappointment was Hellblade 2, I really thought they’d be able to show us the combat by this point.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Absolutely, in pretty much every regard. They did downgrade the faces though which is unfortunate but I’m sure they did that for a reason.

I just can’t really get over the choppy framerate in many parts during the Direct, that’s really the only thing I did not expect. But I will try to not worry too much about it.

It seems IGN played the game, maybe they’ll talk about performance there.

It’s coming out in 2024. One assumes autumn or winter given it just has a 2024 label. If they showed the combat now then what is left to show for the game in the build up to release?

It’s over a year away in all likelihood.

4 Likes

2022 had to die to let 2023 and 2024 live.

9 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes
13 Likes

Insiders were swithering on whether Hellblade and Avowed would hit 2023 - the impression seemed to be that they were pretty borderline. I’d guess they’ll be hitting pretty early in 2024 now that they definitely aren’t coming this year.

I thinn Avowed could use a Lil more time in the oven

2 Likes

Towerborne(Cousin of the Dragonborne) gives me some castle crashers vibe, but mostly because of different colors for characters and co-op fighting scroller. So not much really.

This studio is going to do amazing things at xbox

Not sure if I should laugh or actual feel bad but some folks are trying to pull the same trick as Xbox when it comes to third party. You know, the whole “Look at these great titles coming here” post. The problem is majority of them are Game Pass, so have fun spending a lot. Lastly and really most importantly, nearly half the list contains first party. Essentially, PS is saying they’re relying on third party to carry them. Xbox still has more in store yet we’re not really crying.

3 Likes

I think hellblade will be a trainwreck when it comes out. The reason is, people are expecting something completely different than what it will actually be. Hellblade 1 was astonishing because of it’s visuals, it’s sound, voice acting, story and overall feel, people are expecting hellblade 2 to be microsofts god of war or something.

Hellblades two success for me will be to have everything that one had but better, be a bit bigger and somehow wrap up senuas story. I would seriously argue that an in depth and more complex combat than the first one will ruin the game for me, I wish they don’t do that.