Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

7 Likes

Issue is that if the game is 60, then it went below a certain fps to make it feel that way, only on the outside areas by the way. VRR also wouldn’t really be felt in a video so the actual areas that we had noticeable drops would be unnoticeable when we’re playing as long as it never goes below 40fps.

Yes, I would not be surprised if something like this is true. I don’t think more complex combat would ruin it, but I suspect we’ll may well see a case of ‘this is rubbish because it’s not what I expected’, which gaming is amazingly prone to do.

Yeah it does seem that for overall framerate it was higher than 30, but just not consistent. I truly hope BGS will bring two modes. One with fps unlocked and one with locked.

I do wonder why they would show it like this though, maybe it actually was XSX footage, but why not mention it? If PC footage, shouldn’t it be 100% smooth?

I meant ruin it for me personally. And yes I’m talking about people expecting something completely different than what the game is likely going to be and should be.

How can you hate this guy?! Just how?!

18 Likes

Yeah that was just so great!!! Super Solid 9/10 for me. So many awesome RPGs coming our way and they all look great. I really think this showcase did a great job conveying just how many titles are coming from first party. The fact that they had such an amazing first party showing with still so many unknown quantities left unknown still shows just how bright their future really is. Its been a long time coming but after today ive never been more excited to be an xbox player that I am now! Also crazy to see most of their first party lineup is now single player, which will finally dispel that stupid talking point from some people.

1 Like
10 Likes

https://twitter.com/_Sikamikanico_/status/1668004519450406921?s=19

15 Likes

They embraced the meme really well, even one of their own.

2 Likes

What an amazing showcase with only HB not hitting the mark for me. I don’t really get some of the Avowed comments, I thought it looked fantastic.

Starfield has sure shut a lot of people up as well. Looked truly outstanding.

10 Likes

To me, it was an E3 of dreams. I’m hoping I didn’t annoy too much those who were in group chat with me , with all my screaming.

4 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t that interested in how Hellblade looked but it sounded interesting still. And Avowed to me looks much better than I thought it would, I’m looking forward to it more than I was expecting.

2 Likes

It was like the perfect E3, it lives.

4 Likes

Jez wasn’t kidding. The team really is infectious.

11 Likes

Hellblade is all still cinematic. They need a Hellblade 2 direct like Starfield to show it off before release. Still probably 1 year away though. It has time to cook.

Have you actually played hellblade 1? Because everything we’ve seen 100% feels like gameplay felt in the first one.

6 Likes

I think people were expecting combat because there had been a few tweets about the combat over the last months or so I believe? And also that report about how someone that worked on Dead Island 2’s gore was also on Hellblade 2.

I guess there’s always TGA, who knows. But definitely expected more gameplay than just those few seconds of walking.

It would have been great if ZOS had been here too, definitely felt like a strong possibility, also ID and MachineGames. They’ve been working on stuff for a few years now.

1 Like

Them are cinematic, you don’t actually control Senua. Maybe you control her by pusing the left stick up in the rock sneaking part, but that water part is all Cinematic. I’m talking about showing you controlling her fully running around without Cinematic. Yes i have play the 1st one. It’s ultra cinematic, but you still have free control of her on parts.

I think now I understand Microsoft’s strategy a bit better…

The showcase is to simply reveal the games, the directs are there to go in depth and really flesh out the games.

I think by being consistent with these kind of expectations, Microsoft could end up with a good rhythm.

15 Likes