Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

inXile’s game was the clear winner from the XGS showcase, and then Starfield impressed literally everybody, with good marketing, it’s release is going to be absolutely crazy.

Avowed’s CGI in 2020 did hurt the game, many people expected a darker RPG since then, but gameplay looked fun to me, is the RPG aspects of the game are good, we’ll have a nice game.

Hellblade 2 and Forza’s showing were hard to understand at this point, at least i think and hope we’ll finally get a decent amount of gameplay soon on Forza Monthly from twitch. Ninja Theory’s game tho, we might have to wait for VGA or some Xbox Direct early next year.

Fable didn’t do much for me, protagonist looks ugly/fun, gave me Aloy from Horizon’s vibes, we’ll have to wait for next E3 to see gameplay.

While i didn’t expect any 2023 for HB2 or Avowed, i would have liked some specific date, even if it was “Summer 2024”, i’d bet we won’t be getting them on first half from next year, also expected them to show more than just a couple mins.

That Starfield Direct was a masterclass in how to present a game.

9 Likes
7 Likes

Showcase gets a A- for me.

It’s their best in years, Starfield just completely elevated it though.

My only negative is Hellblade 2, I was truly disappointed when I didn’t see gameplay. Starting to get a Deathloop fatigue about it. I don’t want to see it anymore unless they show some in-depth gameplay.

Everything else was awesome though.

1 Like

It was greenlit as an answer to Horizon Zero Dawn so it giving Horizon vibes is the intention. tbh I liked it and I think its the correct direction for the franchise.

1 Like

lol what?

3 Likes

he said we’d have a clear answer on performance before release, not when we’d find that out.

3 Likes

Lol, that’s all the answer I need then. It ain’t 60.

That was the point, listening to the voiceover.

1 Like

Didn’t expect indy to show up tbh. That game will follow the hindle timeline and was only announced due to it being a partnership.

Now Wolfenstein 3 not being a announced is a minor shock to me.

I give the showcase an A, but there were some negatives:

• no confirmation on FPS for Starfield on Xbox
  • we needed more gameplay for Hellblade after already seeing so much of it before (hopefully the extended showcase gives us a little bit more)
  • I’m not sold on Avowed’s art direction or tone

I saw some complaints about Fable’s humor not matching the originals and the fact that it doesn’t have a release year, but I think those people are out of pocket. I get the game is taking a long time, but this was a really solid second showing of the game.

Personally, the one thing I truely loved from the show was Starfield

1 Like

We need to set expectations for Hellblade before people lose their minds when its not God of War: Xbox edition.

When they show combat gameplay do not expect hack n slash metroidvania with rpg elements or anything like that. This game is going to be a continuation of the first Hellblade. Honestly surprised they haven’t gotten shit for having black bars like The Order 1886 but I assume that’s because people think its just cutscenes so far. This game is meant to be a cinematic experience in a almost literal sense.

4 Likes

when was it going to release in Hindle timeline?

1 Like

2027 I think lol. According to hindle every game was going to release in 2027

1 Like

My bad on that, really thought it would be during the show.

1 Like

bruh I hope not.

It’s funny seeing people complain about how long Fable is taking when you comapre it with just the feelings of people 12 months ago on Starfield. In 12 months Starfield went from a “wow this is a bad copy of no mans sky” to “wow this game is gonna give Zelda a go for it’s money and it looks incredible”

My point is at the end of the day when the game comes out all this noise about no date or gameplay won’t mean anything.

9 Likes

It’s the studios first 3rd person game and using an egine that no doubt had to be adapted so it is no wonder it is taking time. Remember that that literally have to build all the animations etc from scratch. They cannot do what God of War did and reuse a ton of assets for example.

1 Like

Kojima’s game still missing

1 Like

Somethings surprised me and some disappointed, my hype for Starfield died after last year’s demonstration but this today’s demonstration was extremely solid and now Im pumped to play that game.

Overall its the best xbox showcase in years.

3 Likes