Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

Watch the Hellblade 2 trailer on Youtube. It’s not gameplay as in combat but it’s definitely in game footage and not just a cinematic.

9 Likes

It was a great showcase. There were a few Xbox games missing (Contraband, Everwild, Perfect Dark, ARA) and I would have liked a few announcements from Bethesda (Machine Games, ZOS, ID Software, Roundhouse), but the content was still very satisfying. Too bad Microsoft didn’t take advantage of the showcase to promote the new season of Halo Infinite. 4 SEGA / Atlus games announced in the Xbox showcase, to believe that SEGA is already part of the family lol

Wait wait…

Phil said during the Xcast interview that we would get the details about framerate for XSX during the show…this hasn’t been mentioned at all.

Combat was awesome.

I meant when the player was rotating the camera, it was choppy. I really hope that’s just a YouTube thing. I am OK with 30fps, but please locked. Or a unlocked option and let VRR do its magic.

3 Likes

Yup, after the crawling scene you can see the usual awkward camera movement that comes from gameplay when we adjust the camera. I did hope to see some more, but it’s a 2024 game and that’s when they will dive deep into it.

He said it would be clear before launch. We still have a few months to go.

2 Likes

The avowed trailer does look better rewatching it. Can’t wait to see more.

3 Likes

It was a very good showcase and actually starts to tell us what we will be playing in 2024 which the PlayStation Showcase didn’t do.

2 Likes

13 first party titles is insane.

3 Likes

there were some frame drops, during the exploration parts, but I think that it was 60fps, then we need to remember that VRR isn’t going to work on a video, it’s something that works for us on screen. Every combat scene reminds me of playing Fallout 4 at 60fps.

1 Like

Damn son

2 Likes

fanfest they just said the controller & headset available to order starting today

1 Like

No Contraband is an odd omission, wasn’t it rumored to be coming out last year?

I don’t know why people were thinking he was gonna come out and announce it on stage lol, the game is most likely 30fps, they’ll probably have an unlocked mode and maybe a 60 mode later. I honeslty couldn’t care less the game looks insane to me and I can’t wait to play it.

1 Like

It’s amazing that we still have titles that are missing like Everwild and State of Decay 3 yet it didn’t feel like first party titles are lacking at all. It’s truly a start of a new age.

8 Likes

I can’t stop buzzing about Starfield, lol. That direct answered so many questions I had about the game and to think it’s so close to release… I’m nerding out here. :smile:

5 Likes

The updated Elusive 5

Contraband
Indiana Jones
Perfect Dark
State of Decay 3
Everwild

god damn their first party is immense.

3 Likes

Kind of hard to be lacking with how much they did show. Very happy with it, 9.5/10/A from me.

4 Likes

Starfield was absurd.

4 Likes

You can add Elder Scrolls 6. :phil_lmao:

1 Like