Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct |OT| SPOILER FREE

I was surprised myself because Pillars of Eternity has a more realistic approach. Anyways Obsidian don’t miss so I’m very hyped about Avowed.

TIL thank you for the information.

I think this was the second best showcase for this gen. The showcase wasn’t as good as 2021, but better than 2022 (and obviously better than 2020).

There were some games that I’m very much looking forward to, some okay looking games and a couple of disappointments. Overall, I think this was solid 8/10.

1 Like

Ok RE fantasy trailer made this a 10/10

HOLY SHIT. Stole the show for me.

1 Like
7 Likes

Is this a guess or has this been confirmed?

I would have liked to see some more gameplay, especially from the first parties, but it was still a great showcase. I expect a new Developer_Direct at the beginning of 2024 for a complete insight into Avowed, Hellblade and Towerborne. 8.5/10 for me.

Overall I thought it was great showcase. I wish Ninja Theory wouldn’t have shown us yet another cutscene though. It felt out of place and pointless.

Other thoughts:

Definitely wasn’t expecting InXile’s new game. That looked great.

I’m undecided on Avowed to be honest. The combat kind of looked like ESO, and that’s not a good thing.

Playground completely sold me on Fable. They clearly get it and I think we saw gameplay of the combat.

Starfield gave me feelings I haven’t felt in a while. So, so excited for that.

5 Likes

Me from both showcases:

Jim Ryan: Before we get to the final game…

Me: What? That’s it? What’s with this show?!

Phil Spencer: Before we get to the final game…

Me: NO!!! I want more!! Please!!!

6 Likes

Confirmed bro…

It was a cutscene, but you can tell from the camera movement that it was being controlled after the crawling part. Because of how everything went I think that’s the opening to the game.

1 Like

No one plays ESO in first person and skill don’t have any cool down. Would be suprise if it’s similar to ESO.

2 Likes

Is this the highest-rated Xbox showcase ever ?

10 Likes

Wasn’t the part of her walking gameplay? At least we had that, but I was hoping for combat.

That sounds good! If they actually show more new gameplay footage and not just the same what we just had but with some information…great.

I don’t think it will be, but it just looked a bit off to me. Like, it looked too slow and clunky.

I’m still very excited for the game, but those parts did give me pause.

Also, I play ESO in 1st person! :smile:

Walking or not, I think we can all agree it’s not what we wanted. I’m not knocking anyone else for thinking it was fine, since some people really enjoy the story/atmosphere of Hellblade.

1 Like

I’ll excuse the lack of direct gameplay for Hellblade since the Developer Directs have hit like crack rock thus far.

Just dump 30 minutes of gameplay on me next year.

It’s also the best in 10 years (for me). Fable, Avowed, Clockwork and Starfield + 3 Atlus games. RPG heaven.

3 Likes

[quote=“FarSight XR-20, post:2145, topic:16071, username:FarSightXR-20”] …Is this the highest-rated Xbox showcase ever ?

kk9k.jpg767×424 39.1 KB

[/quote]i do think a particularly weak showing from Sony did elevate this showcase, giving what fans were expecting from that one

Yup, all that stuff that goes on in ESO playing it in third person is like this

1 Like

Starfield is already generating serious GOTY discussion, since Zelda TOTK no other presented game has.

1 Like