Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

gross

Ya the only reason I said them is cause we dont know anything on the non Gears game they are working on and on ur post about Shadowrun they said Disney Licensed tho I dont who know the Shadowrun licensed cause I never played on haha

It seems most of the big 3rd party publishers do too. Since the ending of EA’s exclusive SW contract Disney started looking to licence to whoever wants. Licencing is easy money, which is why DC is also probably moving that way.

My Shadowrun comment was on Arkane, and it’s not related to the Disney tweet. Shadowrun is a tabletop RPG that MS owns (at least partially) the rights to the game licences.

Oh alright I thought it was on the Disney thing my bad haha

That’s true I don’t think he will work on anyone else’s IP I was meaning more about games that he worked on at LucasArts like Grim Fandango or Full Thottle image image

That would be awesome if it is a really popular IP.

I guess it depends on what kind of their IP they work and what kind of genre. Let’s say it’s Arkane, I have faith they can make something great. But man,…Prey…:frowning:

I don’t see ID making a Disney licensed game, MG is making Indiana Jones, Roundhouse rumored to make some online hero shooter and BGS is all on Starfield, TES and Fallout 76.

Gonna sound like a broken record, but I just hope it’s singleplayer. A Disney (does tbis include Marvel too?) licensed game by XGS sounds very exciting, but nothing will kill any hype for me more if it’s some multiplayer thing. Simply because they just don’t do anything for me at all anymore. And personally I really want to see Arkane sticking to their strengths which is making banging ass SP games. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think Arkane will ever deviate from making SP focused games. They can add a co-op component or some form of online integration like with Deathloop, that stuff they wanted to do well before Bethesda, but their games will still be SP driven or at worst be a scalable experience like Redfall seems to go for.

1 Like

Unless the new project is not FH6 but I doubt that.

1 Like

They almost always start soon as the last game is shipped, they would at the very least be starting to talk about where to have the next game which I 1000% without a doubt think will be Japan. There are too many good reasons why this will be true.

1. It’s a beautiful country
  2. It will be a full next gen only massive upgrade showcase even over Mexico and I think Japan would be perfect for it
  3. I think they’re going to change up the whole game and it’s not going to be a map game, I think there will be some sort of proper story
  4. Japan is a target for Xbox to grow market share and having a game set in Japan will help push it, when they had FH3 set in Australia that felt very cool and kinda a big deal for us aussies so it could be the same for Japan
  5. A Series S bundle with Forza Horizon: Japan (the title of the game) at the equivalent of $199US would fly of the shelves, plus could push xCloud massively too.

my 2c

8 Likes

I hope it so much. For years we’ve seen rumors about Japan only for it to turn out not to be the case.

Do you think we’ll get a expansion announced at Xbox show?

1 Like

I have a gut feeling they were waiting for this next one to be the one they go to Japan because they can go crazy with a next gen only game and to just think of it with how good Mexico was hot damn, not only that but they would probably have a bigger audience in Japan when it comes out to which I’m sure they’ll appreciate the game set in their home.

You can pretty much expect the expansion at E3 for sure, it’ll probably drop soon after E3 like a couple of weeks or a month or two.

1 Like

I hope they are attempting to revamp the formula but I don’t imagine they’ll let go of the big open world and map model, that’s literally Horizon’s identity and differentiation. From their recent Digital Foundry interview it appears that they choose the country that fits their model and not the other way around.

I’m gonna be honest I don’t see Japan fits their big open world model and I’d love to be proven wrong, because it could just be my limited exposure to and knowledge about Japan’s geography.

1 Like

We haven’t heard “rumors” to be honest, just wishful thinking :person_shrugging:

Unless they go with full RT, I see no reason to go to Japan.

I don’t think they’ll get rid of the open world stuff, I mean I think they’re going to move away a bit from the let’s have 3,000 icons on the map and it’s going to take you 1,000 hours to complete it all. I think they will do something like the old NFS games but open world. They will keep stuff like the PR stunts and all that but I think they’ll tone it down a bit and have it more barebones and they add more over time.

I do hope they go down more of the customise your car in more of a street style way.

Honestly don’t see the correlation

2 Likes

I’ll be down for that but it’s just that I’m not sure and we have no indication where they will go next in the approach

Because I want night Tokyo streets with full Ray Tracing?

1 Like