Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

In terms of the ocean, the answer is no :wink:.

Even though Hellblade 2’s oceans look wild

Imo Sea of Thieves at it’s highest settings looks as good as those Everwild, just Everwild used a more “appealing” artstyle and relied more heavily on cel shading.

(Yes, I know it wasn’t gameplay but my point still stands)

This image of Everwild is 100% In-Game it’s the only one we have but the trailer is Rare’s goal

Rare’s lighting is still the best in the industry it’s partly because of the lighting that the water is so beautiful in Sea of Thieves we see it coming through every leaf in Everwild

4 Likes

But with them going back to the drawing board there’s no telling what their goal really is anymore.

lol they aren’t throwing away those assets or their art style. They had issue with the gameplay, not the art style.

5 Likes

I really hope so. Did they go into detail that they had issues with gameplay? Either way, I bet its gonna be quite a while before we see this again. And that’s good.

That rumour is that the previous vision for the game by the former Lead was that the game would have no combat. This might still be the case, but according to the rumour they were unhappy with how the game played and went back to the drawing board. We don’t really know how much of the game is being rebooted or whether it’s really a reboot at all.

1 Like

Interesting. Also no combat, I’m curious to see how that ends up. For a genre like adventures combat is not needed, or a puzzler, but I wonder what things they are gonna have the player do.

I dont expect them to scrap that art style

Its very unique and looks amazing, dont need to scrap that because gameplay systems werent working

I hope Perfect Dark gameplay shows up at e3 honestly, its sad that we have yet to see anything from it yet its been in development for what? over 4 years at this point?

1 Like

I hope Tango Gameworks never makes a game like Ghostwire Tokyo again. one of the most boring games I’ve ever played

We’ll find out in 2030.

1 Like

I wonder if Everwild will become more viva piñata/Pokémon animal collector

2 Likes

I wish.

1 Like

I wonder if Everwild will become…at all :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Of all this talk about mismanagement we’ve had about Xbox lately, maybe Rare really is the one that needs a extra eye on them. But hey, we shall see. I don’t think they will be in the same situation a few years from now, I mean once… OK, but twice? Just happy as fuck that Xbox has so many studios now, makes stuff like this less…painful I guess.

To be fair, this sort of thing happens at a lot of studios, it’s just most companies don’t have brought up in public life. I do find it a bit crap that Rare and the Everwild getting grilled for something that happens at probably all studios at some point as if it was something down to Rare.

This was at the point still where Xbox had to show anything and Fable, Everwild and State of Decay were all in this period where Xbox needed announcements so those studios were probably asked to just make anything just to show stuff at E3.

5 Likes

That rumor last week that said all the Xbox studios have submitted something for “E3”, they really said all of XGS? Because Holy crap, I didn’t realise it’s at 23 studios now. Well according to Double Barrel Gaming on YouTube that is. They also say it’s gameplay trailers that they sent in, but I don’t recall the rumor was that specific.

But if it’s indeed all studios, yeah no way will all be at their show, not that I would mind if they are. But maybe a few at SGF, maybe GC if that’s still a thing, maybe TGA. But I would say that this is also the perfect opportunity for a Direct style kind of stream. From here on out it’s only going to be more that will be submitting trailers, once ABK closes they’ll be at 30 studios probably?

It was rand who said it originally, he said that he heard on the grapevine that almost all teams have submitted something but he also said it doesn’t mean all things will be accepted and some will be cut for other shows and events.

4 Likes