Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

They could but perhaps they want to make it much appealing and probably best to start the game with good will.

I think we’ll see more tactical-focused games from TC in the future. Stuff like Tactics feels like testing the waters and they do have Tyler Bielman at the studio who was involved in like two decades of card games.

If they manage to do something like Fire Emblem or Yakuza: Like a Dragon, they for sure have my money.

Roundhouse, do we have any idea what kind of game it could be, action adventure or more like hero shooter thing?

More tactical, maybe, that’s possible. But straight up tactical like those you mentioned, nah, I don’t see that. Not for the main games anyway. Maybe spin-off or smaller side projects, sure.

You know, they did intend to make a spy stealth game before, that’s considered tactical to an extent no? :thinking:

Asking the hard hitting questions today.

Probably third person action MMO. It is actually would be similar to any third person RPG but MMO.

I think xbox is waiting for the Act/Bliz deal to close for remakes, I think once that deal goes through, you will hear a lot more rumors about what they are working on, and i wont be surprised if they have them work on games like bango/Ki, remakes, etc etc.

1 Like

Everything Skullzi said sounded plausible except for the TES remasters by inXile

I could see FO1 and 2 remasters by them since they made them but why would they be doing TES? makes no sense

I believe that we get a gameplay trailer in June at the Xbox Games Showcase. Short. A few minutes. And then a blowout in June 2024 with a November 2024 release is my prediction.

13 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

That would be fine, it doesn’t need to be long, but man something tangible after these two years, or well, longer than two years. I remember seeing the reports by Eurogamer about PG on Fable in 2018.

dying-hungry-and-thirsty

This is us Fable fans for four years now, lol

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see what the showcase will start off with and what it will end on.

For what it’s worth, Shpeshal Nick just confirmed on Twitter that he also had the remasters confirmed to him.

I’ve been saying for a while now that Fallout/Elder Scrolls remasters make a ton of sense, especially if that’s what it takes to get Xbox ports onto Game Pass.

Sounds like one source spreading a bunch of info to a lot of people lol.

1 Like

Considering you can only stream via GPU, we can have sort of an idea how many people are subscribed to GPU.

Ending will probably be a new announcement judging by the fact the last two summer shows ended with Fable and Redfall. We know Xbox has plenty of games that have not been announced.

A short gameplay trailer is all im asking for. Just want to see the game itself, combat/gameplay and that’s pretty much it. Basically, just want to get an idea of how the game will look and play.

1 Like

I would love that too but I don’t expect it or think it makes sense. There’s basically no need for it now since it’s looking like a 2024 game. What purpose would showing it now serve? It just takes time and resources away from development to make a polished demo. Some studios like to do that, and sometimes publishers need that to pad their marketing and showcase, but none of these apply here. Playground shown their games 6 months before release and Xbox have so much content to fill their shows already.

2 Likes

Fallout/Elder Scrolls remasters would be an instant buy for me if I didn’t already not have to buy them. I’m curious as to just which it’ll be - I always would have assumed Inxile could make a Fallout 1 and 2 remake but if they are remastering Elder Scrolls too that means they are working on Creation Engine games and could mean Fallout 3/New Vegas are on the cards.
I wonder if E3 is too early for an announcement if this is real.