Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

He wasn’t the only one that heard it. Matty heard about it too but couldn’t verify the source. The source was just speculating on what the game was because they only saw the concept art for the game

For those unaware, the achievements were for:

1. Created and published an Escape Hive (I Made It All By Myself)
  2. Completed a Featured community built Escape Hive (Homegrown Hive)

I wonder why they’re doing this. I know they don’t get a lot of attention, but for achievement grinding some of the custom Escape Maps were essential.

If they wanted to really be nice to gamers, they’d actually fix a few of the achievements which DO NOT TRACK at all or reset progress back to 0, thus making it impossible to get them after Operation 8 Update.

They allowed PS and Switch exclusives, without PC releases either.

1 Like

Matty also said that he’s having a tough time believing this, since the source can’t confirm.

I believe we’re entering that time near E3 with multiple fake rumors, I’m only believing Jez and Grubb on things.

4 Likes

april we start to getthis stuff every year but next month is when we getthe crazy rumors then june usually in the week or 2 before the shows we would get show leaks. I expect next month to be fun

I’ve been wondering which of the Xbox studios do y’all think can be a flexible studio that’s willing to work on anything, change approach and IP if offered? A studio that doesn’t have creative specifics/standards and can make a good game regardless with what they’re given?

All of them. Some of them I believe would be better off branching out …

Nah, I really don’t think that’s realistic. Naturally most creative productions have specifics and standards that they’re used to and good at, and it’s not saying that’s wrong or anything. But there are some, rare studios that can make two different games and genres and excel at them both, or more, and can adapt further if offered the chance.

We’re seeing Playground branching out into RPGs, I believe anything is possible, it’s a matter of resource management. Creativity is endless.

Assuming any studio would work on anything that is, we could get pretty interesting games.

2 Likes

Machine games :100:

Ninja Theory :100:

Roundhouse :100:

Playground :100:

I was listening to Xbox two yesterday and Rand made a lot of sense. two shows first show all xbox studios. They have a lot to show imo

• Perfect dark, fable, halo single player dlc, inexile game, kojima game, coalition new project, compulsion next project, state of decay update, Third party announcments, and other first party things, new xbox general announcments(aquisitions if any, gamepass family play, and more. End with a gameplay tailor of starfield

THE NEXT DAY Bethesda show, Starfield and Red fall blowout, indi, roundhouse, new tango game, bethsda studio to remake old games, end with a small teaser of Quake and say see you at quake con

1 Like

That reminds me, any updates on :1st_place_medal: :vs: :100: ?

4 Likes

Yeah, but this is just in the too good to be true realm. I’m wondering which of the current ones do have that potential, a studio similar or could be similar to Reswpan. I honestly think Coalition. It’s not based on much or actual results, just my feeling and how productive they’ve been in a small amount of time.

1 Like

Possible to see with Indian Jones

Agreed in that they could make awesome games, new IP, and different approaches too. But I think they’re very creatively led, as in I don’t think they’d accept if they were offered an Xbox or licenced IP, imo.

Honestly nothing to judge yet

100% and I think Fable will impress

TC is not only that can do that, but they also should. Their expertise could be put to work on some amazing stuff outside Gears.

Something like Mandalorian :kombuchamaybe:

3 Likes

Skullzi is on it!

1 Like

Seriously though, I need that in my life

Real shame that it wasn’t used that much. I hope they expand upon it in Gears 6 but after this I’m really doubting the possibilities.