Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

I get it, but I got like 4 or 5 new games to play over the last couple months, so I’m just going to enjoy playing games and not worry about it.

2 Likes

I got you on that too. There IS a crazy amount of fantastic stuff to play. I would have had to find a second hobby if that hadn’t been the case, haha.

1 Like

Inxile has two projects one which was in dev since 2018 and one which is a ue5 fps rpg. It’s hard to tell if they are one and the same.

imo the ue5 rpg is the steampunk one and is further away.

1 Like

Yeah, not running out of good games anytime soon. Still, I’m looking forward to the barrage of AAA (well, some AA) big badabooms from first party that are coming. That’s going to be epic with truly great games to play, salt to be mined and no more waiting. I don’t want to hear that word ever again lol.

1 Like

Hmmm, I see. I was under the impression that their big RPG actually was first.

Yeah, the word wait is one to be dreaded for sure. Just like “there’s always next E3.” fuck.

At least 2023 has Starfield for us, should keep us occupied for a long ass time and by the time we’re done with that the wait for the next big RPG(s) and other genres can’t be long.

2 Likes

Yeah, with Starfield everything changes. That’s the launch point of the new era I feel. Gods, it will be glorious.

2 Likes

Series X Pro

1 Like

This is what sponger said when I asked him about the projects.

This is after a lot of the talk for the FPS RPG. From his comments, the first game is the big one and is being directed by Chad Moore.

The second one he’s indirectly hinted as being related to Bethesda acquisition, which is why I have always been pushing InXile as an option for Fallout.

Wouldn’t put a ton of weight on the God of War designer. He went to Deviation, who I believe is working an FPS. His background doesn’t mean he necessarily had to work on a third person action/adventure game.

5 Likes

Obsidian probably isn’t the most important of the acquisitions, especially in the wake of bethesda and activision. But they are almost certainly ‘the biggest bang for their buck’.

There production and efficiency is insane.

5 Likes

It also helps that they are hungry for recognition too.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if sponger has any new info?.

Last post was over a year ago and none of info has been verified yet since we don’t know much officially about Avowed or InXile’s games. So we’ll see, could all be BS still.

5 Likes

Yeah I would add something to Series X: Series X Pro, Series X Plus, someting along these lines.

This was a great video

1 Like

I think if the game had a relaunch on Creation Engine 2, it would become more mainstream today.

1 Like

I do wonder how much further away Avowed now could be. As per Jez we now know for sure they went back to the drawing board. Doesn’t that most of the time mean starting all over again? I keep hoping for a real reveal sooner than later, like TGA or else next E3 but perhaps I should temper expectations a little.

When Obsidian last year after E3 said they were making something that was to be shown soon…I assumed this was before they went back to the drawing board, it would make sense they wouldn’t have something to be ready to show. They probably didn’t start all over again with everything, just some features. But I do wonder how far along it is now, how long has it been in active development now?

He also said they didn’t agree with the term “Reboot”, so I would expect they were pretty far from starting over.

I think H1 2024 is a reasonable release expectation, so I expect to see it at E3 2023.

7 Likes

I take odd pleasure from Fallout 76 doing so well while some out there are desperately trying to paint the game as dead/ a stain on the Fallout brand.

9 Likes

Yeah, agree. 2024 should be a safe bet.

1 Like

The launch state was unforgivable and to many people first impression is what lasts.

5 Likes