Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

I think Redfall is more likely to be February or so, which would put Starfield in April or May.

2 Likes

It looks like the last hurrah of soon to be old ABK.

1 Like

Yes, this is truly insanity. For one goddamn franchise.

3 Likes

Guess I’m the only one who thinks thats less studios then I thought would be working on a title COD game and Warzone at the same time.

:sweat_smile:

Get all of them except Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Raven working on other things (yes, including Sledgehammer).

I don’t mind the other teams assisting on CoD where necessary but I don’t like it being their main projects. Turn 10, The Coalition and Undead Labs assist on stuff all of the time but it’s not their main focus. The Bethesda teams assist each other, but again, that’s between and in addition to the individual studio’s primary titles.

Wasteland 3 was the first game of theirs that I ever played and it made them the Xbox studio I most want to see more from. Incredible world-building talent there.

5 Likes

I’d love to see Raven do a Soldier of Fortune reboot, the second one they made was awesome.

1 Like

I’d love to see Raven work on other things too, but they’re so entrenched in Warzone I just don’t think it’s realistic.

1 Like

You’re probably right, between Soldier of Fortune, Singularity and CoD I think it will be unlikely if we get anything from them which isn’t a FPS. A singularity sequel/reboot would be good too though.

4 Likes

I know a couple of guys perfect for OW2.

12 Likes

If it was up to me, I would keep Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software on COD/Warzone.

The rest including Treyarch would all do new game entries in previously worked on franchises or new IP’s. Treyarch I think could be good for licensed games since they did that a lot before COD.

I feel like Sledgehammer is better suited for a new IP because their CoD games haven’t really hit with the fans, but they clearly have great ideas and a lot of talented people who work there. Treyarch has the fans behind them, which is why I think it’s probably for the best to keep them on CoD.

5 Likes

Only reason I say keep Sledgehammer on COD is because that’s all they’ve done where as Treyarch have done other games. Besides, I wouldn’t have annual games. 2024, COD becomes a platform and the rest of the studios move the hell on.

One of the great things about Slime Rancher that I’m playing now is that you discover new locations and just that feeling of the unknown, I love it. I loved this in Oblivion, but especially Skyrim too where you had that huge cave/dungeon with those giant mushroom things with beautiful lights. It couldn’t have been a bigger far cry to all the other locations in that game.

I cannot wait to see what BGS has cooking up regarding that with Starfield, oh my.

1 Like
12 Likes

“…but let’s talk about The Elder Scrolls”

9 Likes

I’m not the biggest fan of call of duty, though I do like warzone.

I see a lot of people calling for 1/2 of the studios or so that are working on call of duty to do something else. What activision has done and is doing made call of duty the most popular game ever made. You really think undoing that is smart?

All those studios on call of duty is what it takes to keep call of duty at the top. Yearly releases plus tons of seasonal content takes a lot of people. If half the studios did something else call of duty will fall off.

• edit if your calling for half the studios to do something else you should mention how you expect the call of duty content to drop off. Yearly releases and season content for warzone would be off the table. Maybe a game every other year and warzone?
9 Likes

Wouldn’t mind seeing them go every other year and don’t think it’d have a major impact on the franchise. New game every other year with a reasonable DLC to fill the gap. Continuous Warzone updates.

4 Likes