Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

When did inXile start working on their big new game, do we know this?

I definitely dont expect it next year

1 Like

Logically preproduction started at least by late 2020.

Game was in work pre-acquisition, buy the assumption is that it was re-scoped to something larger scale post acquisition.

I agree with you. I was hoping it could make 2024 but I don’t think we will see it until 2025 now.

2025 probably a safe bet. My current thought is Avowed (H1 2024), Fable (H2 2024), InXile/TOW2 (2025)

I guess it could also depend on whether it’s a big scale, AAA title Like Monster Hunter World or more like a AA like that one cell shaded MH clone. I forgot the name. Maybe it could be out way sooner then. Do we know whether it’s AA or AAA?

We were told it was extremely ambitious. Oh nm, you weren’t talking InXile lol

AA or AAA, making a game in less than 3 years during a pandemic is extremely unlikely, especially a new IP

Under those circumstances I think we will be lucky to get it in 2024 nevermind 23

Is MH a GaaS or no? I only played it for like 15 minutes cuz the combat felt so bad lol.

MH is like GaaS-lite if that exists. Also, how is combat the thing you found bad in that game?!

It’s what stands out in 15 minutes, and I figured it was a game where combat was going to be fore front lol

Not that the combat is bad, it’s just not for me

Combat itself is damn good, it’s probably the structure that you found overwhelming.

Looks last gen. :crazy_face:

Yeah, looks awesome.

That fourth shot really stood out to me in the deep dive video because you can see they significantly improved animation system there that Todd has been talking about with Ted Price in a interview a few years ago. What a difference with their older games, so great to see.

Not to mention the faces, lighting etc.

1 Like

Game looks gorgeous and is a huge step-up above every BGS game before in every way, full stop. You’ll have bad faith arguments by some people comparing it to linear games or general formulaic open-worlds but those won’t matter :wink:

7 Likes

For me this is one of the most exciting screens from Starfield. One of the biggest issues with previous Bethesda games was how small their towns and cities felt. This shot alone has almost as many people in it than the entirety of Diamond City, and it’s only a small section of the city

2 Likes

However we see that they still have work on the lighting in New Atlantis as well as on certain planets

Second shot I agree, first one looks great to me though. The second one looks rather…drab I guess. I know we can’t expect games to look exactly like the concept art, but that is a huge difference. Looks way more inviting and impressive in the art.

1 Like

NPC count was something Todd mentioned in one of those interviews with Ryan Mcaffrey

I think it was to do with what he thinks they could improve on from Skyrim or something like that