Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

I get the impression it will be closer to something like Destiny rather than The Division or Borderlands.

With Infinity Ward creating it I’m sure it will be excellent, especially as they can go wild at it instead of the usual CoD mines.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s true. It often feels way longer but June was not that long ago.

It would be very cool to see it at TGA. But like you said, the release date. They probably won’t come with one anymore this year. I always try to compare it with their previous games, with how those were marketed quite a bit the in the months leading up to release, but this time around it can’t really be compared since a lot has been unusual for BGS and the game.

Can’t say I was ever expecting anything at Gamescom considering they just had their big trailer shortly before that or TGS for that matter

The game isn’t coming out for at least 6 months from now, likely a good bit longer imo, no reason to be expecting stuff

It’s possible they may announce a new release date at the TGA and begin the marketing with a bang; however I get the feeling it might end up being a Q2 game so they may hold off February or March to announce a new date

Rather see new announcements at TGA. We want to see stuff that’s further out too right? I think Starfield would also be better served with deep dives into the systems than a 2 minute trailer.

If you wanted to compare to the other games wouldn’t that mean that marketing ramped up like 4-6 months before release?

Having classes, plenty of loot and customization gives you the right to call it an RPG these days

1 Like

Q2 would not be the end of the world, but I hope it’s not near the end of the year. But also no point getting worked up over it I guess.

TGA would be worth it if they were to have a new release date, that would be very nice. As for new things, would that mean Avowed or Fable or do you mean unannounced big new projects?

Yeah, true. It would make sense if it’s a March release, but it very likely isn’t that.

I’m surprised that Jeff Grubb thinks the Certain Affinity Monster Hunter game will be out next year. Figured this was a 2026+ game.

These are all internal targets… Hardly any game release on time these days

Yep. God of War is the one I also expected to get delayed, it’s not, but they are going with massive crunch though.

You mean delayed AGAIN. It was publicly announced as 2021.

Ah, right, right. Forgot about that.

It’s rare that a game has me so hyped

25 Likes

Windows Central article about it says been in works since summer 2020 with expected reveal in 2024 and release in 2024.

6 Likes

Played a few matches of different modes in CoD MW2 and yeah…it’s just another CoD. Doesn’t feel all that super different to me. Great for the fans of course but very likely won’t be a buy for me.

Was shocked at how average it all looked and felt. MW2019 felt more like a next gen experience lol.

Will wait for it to hit Gamepass because I’m very interested in the campaign.

Visually the first MW is better? And felt? In what ways?

Visuals wise it’s more so the lack of upgrade MW2 is from MW2019.

Gunplay wise, MW2019 feels much more responsive but that may be a server network thing.

Maps are significantly better in MW2 though.

InXile’s game seems like it will still be a while before it comes out.

9 Likes

I’m expecting 1Q 2025. any earlier would be a pleasant surprise IMO

2 Likes