Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

As long as they aren’t game-breaking terrible and the game runs well, the vast majority of people won’t care at all

Most people just seem to find them funny, I know I do

Playing Deathloop right now and I’m struck by how well they’ve adapted the Arkane formula to a new style of game, I’m real excited to see how Redfall turns out. I think Arkane is really going to be a hidden gem among the acquisitions - they’ve had some great critical success but struggled in sales. I could see them really find their audience through game pass and take off and be one of Microsofts best teams.

7 Likes

It oddly (for an Arkane game) took me quite a few hours to get into but I’m now hooked!

I do think GamePass will do wonders for a studio like them though, I know alot of people that put off buying Dishonored, until they tried it and fell in love with it!

2 Likes

Redfall is my most anticipated game, everything Ive seen is 10/10.

3 Likes

Never played an arkane game before but Deathloop got me quite intrigued. I love timetravel stories and the performances are entertaining. It also feels very good to play. Let’s see how long the game can keep me. But first impressions are very strong

1 Like

does anyone get that feeling that Starfield isn’t really generating a lot of discussion? Could be because its a new IP but regardless, its initial gameplay showing wasn’t anything mindblowing. It looks like another Bethesda Game Studios title, which is great as they are one of my favorite developers. However there doesn’t seem to be a lot of hype/

1 Like

It is still many months away and the marketing has not really kicked in yet.

you could’ve said the same thing about Cyberpunk when it was a year away from release when there were only 2 trailers available, but the energy was there.

New IP + marketing hasn’t really kicked in yet.

Also, let’s just be frank. The gameplay showcase wasn’t all that.

CDPR was coming off of Witcher 3, one of the most beloved games of all time.

Starfield is coming off of Fallout 4 and FO76 which are probably some of the weakest games to come out of Bethesda in a while for a lot of people.

A bit different IMO.

1 Like

The gameplay shown was fine and looked very promising, but the performance issues turned a few people off.

I would not be worried now. Make no mistake, this is a game that will have a bigger marketing push from Xbox than usual as it approaches its release.

and CDPR were blasting marketing material like every two weeks and they got Keanu f****g Reeves lol

Nah sorry but equating Fallout 4 with F76 is absolute disrespect.

That’s the thing, it was just “fine”. There’s a higher expectation from a gameplay reveal from BGS.

Even the video itself was poorly paced in terms of how it was edited together. BGS has set the standard with their previous gameplay reveals, I don’t think this one lived up to it but that’s okay.

Other BGS games have never had the Gamepass marketing machine behind it. It’ll be just fine.

2 Likes

I’m not equating them lol, I’m just saying they aren’t fan favourites when it comes to the Fallout IP.

1 Like

Other BGS games started the heavy marketing campaign quickly after the reveal and gameplay and it happened and released within 6 months. Starfield is their first where they revealed and showed gameplay a year apart, and will release at least a year apart after that as well.

They all have the benefit of coming off of franchises as well.

The Elder Scrolls and Fallout are some of the oldest and respected IP’s in the gaming industry. Starfield doesn’t have that.

Thinking about it now, BGS aren’t known for announcing games early, so the fact that they announced both TES6 and Starfield in 2018 was possibly a way to make themselves valuable for acquisition or investment :giphy:

1 Like

For damn sure new IP will have a harder time, but marketing push and quality release will do great for it nonetheless. Hell Cyberpunk 2077 is making a comeback despite all the negativity because all the prior and current marketing and that they now “fixed it”.

1 Like

I’m once again asking for a new ODST taking place during the events of Halo 3.

Mission: assist Master Chief

Objectives:

• make contact with Mendicant Bias and Tragic Solitude 000 on the Ark

• kill the new Chieftain of the Brutes that replaced Tartarus

• assassinate the Prophet of Truth and destroy the Forerunner Dreadnought

The Rookie returns alongside Buck, Dare, Dutch, Mickey and Romeo.

Additional cast: Sergeant Johnson, Chief, 343 Guilty Spark, Miranda Keyes, the Arbiter, Rtas 'Vadum and maybe the Gravemind

That game was so good

4 Likes

Plenty of hype, there just isn’t very much to discuss right now

8 Likes