Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

Rewatching the announcement trailer and it’s so good. Love the vibes.

9 Likes

Unless they stopped working on Avengers and the next Tomb Raider is not GaaS, I see no point in that.

Why would Tomb Raider be GaaS

Some rumors. We will see.

Who

I imagine if it was, it would just be like Assassins Creed (DLC) than anything else.

Either way, I would have taken CD in a heart beat regardless of commitment. Not like they went for a lot of money

They cost that much for a reason. Anyway, I stay to my reasoning that there Microsoft did not acquire small studios between Bethesda and ABK deal (before ABK was even on the table) and was in negotiations with Bungie for a reason.

I’m not suggesting they’ll acquire them (it’s kinda obvious they won’t, they’ve already been acquired) but don’t see the reasoning behind their being no point.

Not every post is in need of a counter argument.

MS dont need to buy anything

If PD is successful they will just work out a deal with Embracer to have them work on PD2

Yeah, or they’ll use the next 2 years to make The Initiative a full sized studio. It doesn’t have to be CD helping.

Or this

They can always just go on a hiring spree and bring in a load of the CD team to expand TI

Avengers is most likely be worked on to fulfill contracts and Tomb Raider 4 will most likely be the base game and then some DLC like the previous games but actual live service, nah, I don’t see that happening.

Reason why I still want Crystal Dynamics is because if Perfect Dark is great, I simply wouldn’t want to see them not being able to work on a sequel due to them being owned by Embracer Group.

Looking at this one, if you remove the track, the car, the plane… It wouldn’t look THAT out of place in say, Fable. Obviously it’s optimized for something very different, but the scenery and lighting could fit. I feel pretty good about the hands that game is in.

4 Likes

I dont understand the debate on aliens in starfield. Weve clearly already seen aliens. The only question is of intelligence.

It was in reference to alien weaponry, which would mean intelligence.

1 Like

Starfield is grounded in reality, i was Surprise there is even other life form to be honest. So far in the real world they have not found no other life form outside of planet earth.

Right, but there’s the whole space exploration bit that we haven’t done yet lol

Are you talking about real world? or Starfield world?

1 Like

I don’t mind aliens being in Starfield and I’m sure there will be but I think the main focus on Starfield should be a futuristic sci-fi space exploration game that is somewhat grounded in reality at least with the main quests. Doesn’t mean aliens can’t fit into Starfield I just think it makes more sense to introduce aliens and give them its own storyline in a dlc or if there is a sequel to Starfield.

1 Like

For once we don’t need to worry about graphics of a game

1 Like