Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

We don’t really know, evidently there are some hints of intelligent alien species, like this

3 Likes

There is still so much we don’t know, which actually I find exciting, that’s great news and I hope they keep a lot close to the chest. But I do hope they strike a fine balance between grounded sci-fi but still have it very fun and in terms of weapons just have some cool stuff. I don’t expect Halo or ME like weapons, although I’d absolutely welcome them.

1 Like

What they’ve been saying this whole time, they want a near future, realistic representation of what NASA thinks we’ll be tech wise. They’ve spoken about how they want space travel and the ships to look and feel like they’re prototypes and aren’t some smooth super futuristic space ship looking things from the year 3999.

3 Likes

Alien DNA I am sure is a jest basically.

I know this very well.

All I’m saying is that I hope the guns won’t all be super realistic, like straight from the military basically. With that I mean I hope they take some liberties with having some guns maybe a little less grounded. We saw a laser, but that was used for resources, but maybe we can use it for enemies too?

Also, Quakecon is soon now. It would be really cool to get an update. I mean we’ve had updates almost left and right from Redfall, would not mind hearing about it or seeing something new. I know it can’t be compared to Fallout 4, since that game came out the same year, but Starfield could possibly still release only two or three months after the initial release date.

The alien gun was so bad though, at least in 4, I hated the shooting in 3 and just punched my way to victory with some granades and mini nukes thrown in when fighting something I couldn’t out punch(mostly the nuka mirlurks).

As for weapons, well we likely won’t have alien weapons from the start if this game is about finding proof of them. But energy weapons will likely be in the game if it doesn’t go too realistic with weaponry.

This gun is using lasers it seems, or at least something different to normal bullets.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d think by 23XX or whenever the game takes place, laser weapons would be likely.

And yeah, the one in the pic above is one, looked weak af in the demo though lol.

Talking about it on Reddit too and these sound like interesting possibilities/speculation.

Jez was told good news about Perfect Dark and says its coming along really well.

22 Likes

I’m sure someone else will come along soon to try and throw cold water on that statement. Development of Xbox 1st party games must always be going through tough times.

3 Likes

Nice!!! Crystal Dynamics baby!!!

1 Like

Gaming outlets: “NOT ON MY WATCH!!”

6 Likes

Hopefully if it is successful they can get CD back for the sequel.

Great news !

1 Like

No worries. Microsoft will own Embracer Group by then. Hehehe.

4 Likes

I don’t see it happening.

Haha that would be an interesting move…

King David (from ILP) still thinks MS will buy them from Embracer in the future.

Agreed. I don’t either but I wouldn’t complain if it did.

David is awesome. Guy is hilarious. And yeah, I can see this happening. If Perfect Dark hits, Microsoft should acquire Crystal Dynamics from Embracer Group.

1 Like