Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

Aside from MS moving the money, you have to think most of it is set to close as soon as various entities give it the go ahead. I’d be shocked if the FTC gave an answer in August/September and everyone else didnt follow suit quickly.

3 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

nice jump in player counts on steam after the SoT new season, reached half it’s all time peak.

6 Likes

Playground and Turn10 are absolute wizards with the ForzaTech engine

23 Likes

that means xbox would own dragon age mass effect and deadspace. Im sure other stuff as well but those are the first to come to mind. Also titan fall

Yep based on the list FarSight posted of most played games Sims & Battlefield (despite being awful) were there too.

Apex Legends is huuuuge.

12 Likes

Schreir’s account has clearly been hacked

He never posts positive things like this. Especially when it’s about Activision/Blizzard, who are soon to be bought by Microsoft

9 Likes

No joke, I legit thought the same thing when I read this tweet.

Guess 343’s all focus is on Forge

Only a handful of games offer campaign, multiplayer and forge modes in a same game. Soon battle royale too

I’ve been thinking about what kind of weapons we can expect in Starfield. The deep dive didn’t really go into this much. The guns that we did saw looked a bit standard and i can’t imagine there won’t be weapons that could really be considered sci-fi.

I quite liked the alien gun and blaster in Fallout 3 and 4 and something like that could be really cool for Starfield too.

2 Likes

Define sci-fi though. Starfield has always supposed to be a “grounded sci-fi”.

I think Starfield is a little more Grounded Sci fi, we don’t even know if aliens exist in the game that could use guns.

Ya something like death ray or sonic blaster is what I am thinking

I personally don’t expect aliens. At least not Mass Effect level civilizations with spaceships and so on. Just does not fit the game.

So you mean that only inteligent specie would be human in Starfield?

Yeah, maybe some prehistoric level aliens at best (stone age level). But certainly not Mass Effect civilizations.