Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

So the patch notes for ESO’s PTS week 3 got released and Zenimax Online ignored almost all suggestions by the community.

At this point it’s just funny.

1 Like

Unfortunately. What really makes this so bad is that they tout accessibility, having to develop for past gen and lowering the ceiling, as reasons why these are good changes. But so far, the only thing that’s happening is that they are making it so only the top percentage of players can even do the trial HM anymore. I have seen post by people that have only recently been able to clear old content and how they tried the changes to the pts and things that they could do before became that much harder.

I just wish there was a way to report Zos directly to Xbox about straight up lying about accessibility, pretty sure that’s something that wouldn’t go over well with the heads of Xbox. Specially after they created an item like Oakensoul that was helping people who had trouble playing the game the normal way and decided to gut to the ground instead of just making unusable in pvp, or using battle spirit as method to make all the major buffs in minor buffs.

1 Like

Do you mean their “reasons” don’t make sense? (I think I misread your statement earlier)

If this was meant for me, I think that no, their reasoning isn’t sound. This has been the second widespread nerf that they have done in order to lower the ceiling so that the lower percentage of players can have a chance at keeping up with the top percent. But all testing of their new combat update has shown that this update is just going to nerf everyone and make groups that are already struggling to do old content struggle even more or force them to stop trying as some have mentioned will be the only choice they have left to Zos.

It doesn’t help that these nerfs are not going to slow down the top percentage of players at all, and that Zos keeps making hard mode content with those players in mind when they do. Making it pretty impossible for any groups that don’t have the same amount of time and coordination as those in the top do, to actually ever do the hardest content in the game without power creep to boost them enough to do so.

As for the Oakensoul ring, it was new mythic item that forced a one bar build on us in exchange for some great buffs. Testing was done in PTS and everyone who tested the ring was telling Zos that it would be too powerful for PVP, if they released it as it was. Some even suggested using battle spirit stat in PVP to make the ring change the way it behaved.

But they didn’t listen, and when people who were struggling with bar switching, or had physical issues that made it hard to do longer rotations bought the new expansion for this ring, so they can play the game. Zos just nerfed it because it was over performing in PVP just like they were told it would do, by the people who take time out of their lives to test the game for them without pay.

1 Like

More context to what @Kals_Els said.

The problem is that the developer want to reduce power creep. For update 35 ZOS plans to reduce all DMG and makes the game more easy - lower the ceiling and raise the floor. And here’s the main problem. ZOS didn’t adjust the content. Trials achievements like Rockgroove hard mode is one of the hardest achievement to get and now it’s almost impossible to find a raid group to finish it.

They nerfed weaving, which is a bug and a feature the playerbase use for years btw, to make it easier for new players to get into the game. Problem is that it’s now harder for players to get good DMG output, because now you have to play close to perfectly to get near a satisfying DMG output.

And for Oakensoul and PvP balancing. That was expected by everyone. They always nerf the newest thing and ignore older stuff. 90% of the sets are useless.

Anyways we are still in PTS week 3. Week 3 and 5 are the most important in terms of major changes. We will see if ZOS keeps ignoring the playerbase or finally reverse some of those changes. I’m expecting the former.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Gahhhh imagine a NFS game with Forza handling

12 Likes
2 Likes

That looks like a mocap studio

1 Like

It is

Wow, huge expansion :eyes: from my knowledge having a dedicated mocap studio is really a privilege not every AAA studio has.

Their building and offices look :fire: btw

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1305419605389783040?t=u-v38WUgmFjU3elTQyhBgA&s=19

3 Likes

This :phil_lmao:

5 Likes

We need more games based on cartoons. The South Park games were a perfect adaptation, it felt like I was playing an episode of the show.

An adventure time game would be great or Ben 10, archer, etc so many possibilities.

Futurama would be so cool

5 Likes

Futurama, family guy, another Simpsons game would be nice.

2 Likes
1 Like

Forget a crossover platform fighter. Xbox should experiment with an asymmetrical crossover arena shooter / brawler where you play shooter characters in FPS and melee characters in 3rd person.

8 Likes