Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

If Ubisoft were smart (big if), they would put Skull & Bones on Game Pass day one. It would be a nice drop in November and the best chance for the game to succeed.

If they were smart they would’ve cancelled the game

2 Likes

They can’t cancel the game because of the funding they got from the Singapore government. I’m sure they would have if that wasn’t a factor.

Also, the leaked gameplay video the other month wasn’t entirely unappealing to me. I think it could be fun, but I don’t think I would buy it, which is why Game Pass is essential for it.

1 Like

I can see it launching on Ubisoft +/ PS Extra. However, I think it should be F2P because I don’t think many are going to buy this game tbh

I doubt that Sony is willing to pay for S&B for PS Extra. They may try though, due to Sea of Thieves.

1 Like

Well assuming that because PS+ Extra gets Ubisoft +, so if they launch on there it would launch on that service. It was kinda like when Knockout city launched on gamepass due to it being launched on EA Play

PS+ Extra has Ubisoft+ Classics. It is different from Ubisoft+ that launches games Day 1. Regarding Knockout City, I think it was a separate deal - not related to EA Play per se.

2 Likes

I don’t know why everybody always compares Skull&Bones with Sea of Thieves. S&B is more like a pirate skin for World of Warships.

3 Likes

Lack of experience in gaming?

1 Like

Because the original talks regarding SoT and S&B were that it would be like “Sea of Thieves killer” :joy:

2 Likes

1 Like

At least I’ll get an Arkane game to play this September on GP hopefully :clown_face:

1 Like

I’ve been out of the loop for a min so I wanted to take everyone’s temp on something…we thinking the AB acquisition closes before Diablo IV launches and therefore it’ll launch in GP…? :thinking:

1 Like

I think it will close early 2023, which should be on time for Diablo 4. Well, I hope it is because I was planning on buying game day one, but being on GP will make me happy

1 Like

Personally, yes, and I think it was a shared sentiment by many after the showcase lol. Acquisition closes Q4/22-Q1/23, Diablo releases Q2 2023.

1 Like

I expect the acquisition to close around March/April next year, if not before

I definitely do not expect D4 to release before that, so yeah I definitely think it will be a Day 1 GP game

2 Likes

From experts on the matter I’ve seen in articles (I’ve been following this deal a lot :stuck_out_tongue: )around reputable webesites and editors they all agreed that it will take at most until beginning of spring for the deal to close…how do they know or say that? heck I don’t know, but they all felt confident about the deal.

The fastest the deal closes the better so lets hope it closes even before!

1 Like

I still stick to it closing this year.

1 Like

If not that would be very weird and very frustrating too, especially if nothing is said. But the logical situation is that we’ll get it.

Best case scenario, lets hope that happens!