Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

The thought of Gears 2 remake on unreal 5 is pretty nice though. They should re-record a lot of the game though, change up some of the story a bit as well, add different chatter between characters to make it up to modern standards. That’s the only way I could see the Gears IP becoming popular again, make a remake of all 3 games and strive to receive a 90+ metacritic.

I don’t remember Jeff saying anything about the show, more that he doesn’t think MS has big deals for GP to compensate or something like that.

well forza horizon 5 last year was a vertical slice, but i understand people disregard that because its Forza and not a proper game. In fact I remember alot of people cough mattyplays cough complaining about spending too much time showing of that game. same will happen IF forza motorsport gets a vertical slice too. whether you case about those games or not, they are still vertical slices. My point is that xbox studios have struggled to have games that can show off good strong vertical slices in recent years, not that they are truly againest or incapable of it. Sea of thieves had a vertical slice prior to release, and Hellblade 2 had a vertical slice at the TGAs. I expect the lack of vertical slices is something that will be course corrected in the future

Rest of your points, although i definitly dont agree with your pessimism, that is your prerogative to have those thoughts so i have no quarrel with those

Redfall, Starfield, Avowed, Hellblade, Forza Motorsport.

It is not a stretch that at least one of those will have a long vertical slice.

I’m only starting to become a bit pessimistic because I’ve been following Xbox for over a decade and I’m starting to become impatient. I’ll work on that but as of this week it really should be expected that we’re all feeling like things aren’t going great.

I’m currently playing Gears 2 right now as I’m typing this out just to see if the remake will be any different.

I think there is a difference between having realistic tempered expectations and being needlessly pessimistic.

The delays of both Fall games should not change much at all. Both commited to deep dives “soon” and “soon” is most realistically in June.

5 Likes

I don’t expect Starfield until November next year. Microsoft have shown they are comfortable delaying a game for a year with Halo Infinite, and they’ve shown time and time again that they’d rather have a busy holiday season than release games during the spring and summer.

Well you are being unreasonably pessimistic.

2 Likes

Remember Halo Infinite? Set some expectations, a year delay is fine.

Some of the comments in this thread are just hilarious.

7 Likes

Some folks seem to be coping by expecting the worst outcome for everything.

8 Likes

Halo needed a year clearly and announced the year delay well in advance. They announced the first half of 2023 for a reason. They don’t want even more backlash if for any reason Fall is expected.

1 Like

Bruh . Dont even say that shit .

I think the issue is less the duration and more delaying a game again.

Is it a bad outcome though? I’d rather it be delayed a year and get a good game over a buggy one. Clearly influencers and the general public look out for that sort of thing a lot more.

The public opinion on Bethesda Game Studios games have changed, people want less bugs in their games.

I don’t think the public cares about delays on a game they’ve never seen a vertical slice for, it’s why I’m not expecting gameplay for Starfield this showcase.

It is a bad outcome in terms of timing.

Why? Most of the public will just continue to play Fortnite Apex and Warzone and it’ll be as if nothing happened once it releases and it’s a quality game.

It is bad because they’d be failing to meet their commitment twice.

1 Like

I think the mod team is sometimes unfairly criticized for not allowing any criticism of Xbox. That has never been the case and never will be. The only thing we tend to push back against is over the top doom and gloom and unreasonable negative expectations. You can be negative about anything.

I could sit here and say that I think all Xbox games have been delayed and we won’t see anything until 2024. Is this a reasonable expectation to have? No. So why even put these thoughts out like they are meaningful.

just had a thought building on what Giorgio said, alot of people are expecting a good Starfield showing at this years E3, but if the game has been delayed because what the studio currently has looks as bad as HI’s 2020 slice, then maybe it would be better not to show anything. Not saying the game currently does look that bad atm, but its possible