Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

If there’s no grounded release date then nobody cares. Didn’t PlayStation delay GT7 and God of War 1-2 times already?

Anything is possible. A meteor could hit tomorrow and nothing matters. Why am I even considering that though?

1 Like

Everyone cares, they said it’s coming out in H1 2023 and if it doesn’t were going thru a these reactions a second (and much worse) time

1 Like

just a thought i had, a bit of prepare for this to happen

I’ll tell you how they could avoid this situation.

Take the time they need to make a fantastic vertical slice and release it during Jan-February next year, then give us a November release date.

Have Todd Howard say they are feeling overjoyed to work on this title and how their partners at Microsoft have given them the time they need to ensure they’ve got the best Starfield they could possibly make.

At the end, tease Elder Scrolls 6 once again.

Bingo, you’ve got yourself a savior and a way to delay a game to November.

Nobody on Xboxera, otherera or twitter would be complaining.

1 Like

Guarantee this plan would easily work

no .

2 Likes

I wish people would stop being so fixated on when it will release. I honestly don’t think even Bethesda knows, so speculation is entirely pointless because there is no correct answer to be found, yet.

It will release when it’s done. They might show a lot at the Showcase, they might show less than planned. It doesn’t matter.

5 Likes

A game that gets delayed with no release date other than “let’s release it on this quarter” doesn’t ensure anything to most people.

We just want to see a quality game, have a quality game release, and play the absolute hell out of it.

That’s what gaming is all about. Delays mean nothing if we get a better marketing campaign and a better game out of it.

And honestly if Microsoft were to remake Gears 1 through 3 on unreal engine 5 that’s already an easy way to get people to want an Xbox. It would be the first AAA game running on UE5

Phil Spencer will definitely be a trending topic again if it doesn’t hit in H1 2023

2 Likes

They announced Halo would release in Fall 2022 and it announced in Fall 2022.

There isn’t any reasonable expectation as of now that these recently delayed games won’t release when they said they would release.

Xbox does not want any more negative PR so if they really were worried the games would not hit the first half of 2022 they would not have given a window.

1 Like

This is really just folks having a loss of trust in release dates and just assuming things won’t make it.

3 Likes

Nobody other than twitter people and resetera playstation used would condemn him for that.

If we got a fantastic vertical slice but the release date is pushed up, why would it matter?

There aren’t any upcoming games with a vertical slice trailer that people care about. They need to make sure that one of the most cherished game developers in the industry can top Elder Scrolls V and Fallout 4 on a quality standpoint if they want to release a game exclusively on the least popular platform in notoriety.

Cause as it stands right now, Xbox is viewed as the best value console with the least noteworthy games.

maybe, but i think the major issue people had with the 2022 delay is that it means xbox has no (as of now) major releases for the year, so if the delay was from H1 to H2 then it wouldnt have the same effect, especially if we get other stuff slated for that year as well

if the game was delayed from H1 2023 to H1 24 though…

Yes, it’s what i was refering to.

I’m with you on this, but an argument could be made that the same thing could be said for the previous date. I just don’t think we should count on anything at this point. When the game goes gold we can be pretty certain that it will release.

Halo did release in the holiday window like they said, but let’s be honest here, only the campaign was ready. Live service, co-op and Forge either needed more time or wasn’t there at all. I’d rather Starfield releses complete.

Because the gameplay segmnet has been already planner as a big momentum of the show.

I think once you delay a game you don’t want to delay again. So a 6 month window is insurance to make sure it releases on time. For all we know Starfield is ready in Feburary.

1 Like