Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

Possibly Project Oxide, Project Pentiment and Ark 2. Very slight chance at some big surprise like Wolfenstein 3.

1 Like

Klob and Jez didn’t see the final product or even a polished demo so whatever they saw I don’t believe it would be representative. I honestly don’t think that last 10 seconds of the trailer is such a difficult target, especially on UE5 but it would depend on where the studio wants to takes things.

This is simply in the “wait and see” category because this is gonna be their first really big budget game with no limited time/budget

1 Like

sure but judging from their previous games , Im not expecting any of that stuff and neither should anyone else . Its not that kind of studio .

Not expectations but hopeful I guess

Oh, that I know. UE5 tech demos always look better than most games too.

In my opinion the last few seconds, while looking great didn’t look impossibly great or anything, but we’ll see.

I also recall another insider, was it NateDrake? He had seen the game too and what he had seen made him really happy. But unclear if that was about visuals. But that’s why a proper reveal is so important now, just show us what we can expect.

I think Avowed might impress us.

A surprise out of left field for Game Pass or even a big non GP game would be fine, not likely though. But there are several surprises that could kinda “make up” for the disappointment, things like games that used to skip Xbox now coming to it. Things like Persona for example. Surprises will always help, let’s just put it that way.

1 Like

a Gears collection won’t be a heavy Xbox console pusher but it will definitely bring more eyes onto Gears when it gets a Steam release nonetheless.

1 Like

While it’s not timed, A Plague Tale Requiem will be on Game Pass day one. I’m expecting a trailer and release date (August/September is my guess) during the Xbox Showcase.

Only A Plague Tale Requiem for me. Don’t expect Atomic Heart this year due to the Russia/Ukraine conflict. Same applies to Stalker 2.

Would love Wolfenstein III for the fall. That would be great!!

1 Like

Yeah, at least Stalker 2 devs have been partially able to continue with their game, but not all of the devs are there yet from what I read. The new location that is.

It’s going to take time and money. Microsoft should go to GSC and try to get the game as a full exclusive because I would imagine that they spent money relocating that they obviously didn’t plan on spending.

1 Like

If they really want to do a Gears MCC collection it’s going to take a lot of effort to make it seem worth it for most people. The type of effort that means Unreal 5 remake of 1 through 3 with altered levels that take out the tedious stuck in the past portions.

Completely remade levels and textures from the ground up with ray tracing. Removing the dumb levels that suck and replacing them with better things.

Anything less and it’s not even worth revisiting. It needs to be on unreal 5, if it’s built on Unreal 4 not worth it.

I’m pretty sure anyone who bought Gears of War 4 gets all the Gears of war originals on Xbox backwards compatibility, so what’s the point of this MCC style remaster if it’s not an actual remaster. If it’s just going to be resolution boosts and some textures remade it’s not worth it.

It needs to be better than that, give us a remake of gears 1 through 3 and make it on unreal engine 5. It needs to be a Series X|S exclusive and not be available on Xbox One.

Agree with everyone above…excluding Cayde

3 Likes

well it is exactly 4 weeks (+ 2 hrs minutes if we wanna get technical) until the xbox showcase. Im stating the obvious here, but after that time, we can all either breathe easily and be confident that we got a decent showcase to take away doubts of xboxs future and gives fans lots of positive stuff to talk about

or the show will underwhelm everybody and well be back to the old doom and gloom or telling ourselves to wait till next year for the real good show

I don’t have any expectations this year. I’m not gonna play list guessing, or expect anything from Starfield and Redfall. It’s the year of the backlog and Microsoft has already seemed to make that apparent with the silence. We’ve had a lack of leaks lately for a reason.

I got a feeling it’s a wait till next year show.

A few weeks back I said that Microsoft has to show 15 minutes at minimum for Starfield to gain public interest. Now I’m not expecting a vertical slice at all.

The one THING Microsoft messes up at every game show is not showing a game with a vertical slice. The last time they did one of those was back during their 2019 showing and all we got out of it was Craig memes.

My hype is at 3/10 now. It will probably be a good show like usual so it’s not that, I just don’t have it in me to hype myself up anymore. I’m just waiting.

Gears collection, Aoe4 console version, pentiment, HI BR, forza8 are good things but not big guns. Xbox suddenly Lost its best title for the 2022 line-up. I really Hope Phil Spencer are going to spend much money to secure some third party exclusives availbale on Gamepass because this unfortunately situation will not help with subcriptions.

I don’t know if Showcase Is going to change in some ways about content.

Reading the Phil’s answer on Twitter about the delay i’m pretty sure he didn’t know about It until he had have the last week meeting with Bethesda.

We’ll see if Xbox Will have some big guns to show.

But i don’t like what Jeff said about that.

Pentiment nor Age of Empires IV will be pushing Xbox consoles, the Pentiment audience is the Steam audience and they won’t care if it’s not as good as Disco Elysium.

Age of Empires IV was a failure. They lost most of their audiences to Total War Warhammer 3 and older Age of Empires titles. They need to find a way to bring players back into it, the studio running that game is making the same mistakes 343 industries have done, you need to release content at a faster pace.

I just hope there will be a set of diverse games - first person, third person, japanese etc.

Totally agree with you on that. I’m a big fan of AOE and AOE4 has been a Total disappointment for me in terms of immersion, graphic (very bad and old in comparison to AOE3de or Company of Heroes 3). Relic failed with this franchise because they don’t understand what Aoe is. This game has been developed with the E-sport vision don’t considering that the most of players are casual and they wanted better campaigns, skirmish, more diplomacy options, Better graphic and more.

I Hope the next installment will developed by Forgotten Empires+Tantalus. They are doing Amazing things with definitive editions. Take a look on what beatiful the upcoming Italian DLC looks like

1 Like