Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

True, I do feel a new Vegas remaster would be nice. However if going to Morrowind or oblivion then I feel you need to remake

I agree with #2 but I think Xbox fans (and PlayStation fans for that matter) should stop thinking about acquisitions because none of them are happening until ABK (and Bungie) get completed. If Microsoft didn’t end up with Crystal Dynamics despite them working on a Microsoft owned IP as the lead with a Microsoft owned studio, it’s pretty obvious that all their attention and focus is on completing the ABK deal.

It was not necessary a reason though

The InXile twitter account is Q U A L I T Y. Gotta love some junji ito. Reference- The Enigma of Emigara Fault

7 Likes

The problem with remaking these games and iv said this before, they will take way too much time, devs and effort for it to make sense

A morrowind or oblivion remake for example would take almost the same amount of resouces and time that a brand new ES would take

They’d have to completely redo the combat, systems, ai as well as recreating some of the biggest worlds created in gaming, it would be an enormous effort to the point where its like, why spend this much effort on a remake when we could be spending it doing on something entirely new?

1 Like

No doubt, I don’t see any UE5 games releasing until 2024 since the engine officially released last month

Yah pretty much agree with all of this

MS arent waiting until 2030 to do something new with Fallout, we might not get FO5 for a very long time but they will do some sort of spin off whether that Obsidian or BGS Austin

Dont expect Perfect Dark gameplay but I do expect a lot of gameplay at the showcase

I could definitely see Starfield not launching first half and them taking a full extra year, maybe even circling back to the 11/11 date but yeah, Redfall will at least release first half next year

1 Like

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I simply don’t believe Microsoft will make any more acquisitions until after the ABK deal gets completed regardless of what studio/publisher it is.

1 Like

I know the Paul Tassi discussion was 6 hrs ago, but I still havent forgiven the guy for his Sea of Thieves review back in the 2018. A week before the game released, he published an article about how we should be prepared for Sea of Thieves to be the next No Mans Sky (for those not around back than, that is the equivalent to ‘X game’ is gonna be the next Cyberpunk). The first sentence of his Sea of Thieves review was (paraphrasing): Since the start I said that Sea of thieves was going to be the next no mans sky. Of course a bunch of xbox fanboys tried to say that theyd be alot of unseen content in the final game, but this clearly isnt the case.’

Just the gloatiness of his article and his obvious biased at one side ticked me off. Some of his journalism has been much better in recent years, but it looks like a leopard really cant change his spots

5 Likes

complete mismanagement and this is bs feel like over the top takes. every single big AAA game recently has been delayed because of covid, companies simply haven’t been able to hit the milestones they thought they would, across the board.

8 Likes

Been seeing this image circulate around on Twitter, if only half make it in 2022 I’m sure it will be great!

3 Likes

Starfield moving even further would fuck me up, not gonna lie. That would make it a second delay which is extremely unusual for BGS. Please just fucking hell don’t let that happen. If anything let it be Redfall then, sheesh. I mean we went from “written in ink” to a surprise delay of six months, that’s OK, but a full year would be ridiculous, I’m sorry. With all the above in mind that would just be extremely weird.

I will become the joker if I keep reading terrible opinions online

It would suck but this isnt just any game, its going to be Xbox biggest game for a very long time

Like look at how important Oblivion was for the 360 and that was only a timed exclusive for like a year, an exclusive of BGS tier and scale should be given all the time it needs and if that means a full year, so be it

and the main reason this delay sucks as much as it does is because this year has been and looks to be light going forward, next year hopefully and likely, wont have that issue, even if Starfield somehow moved to 11/11/23, there should hopefully be a lot more to keep us busy next year than there is this year

12-12-2024. Let’s do it :fire:

But assuming this happens, it would mean Todd was giving a game a release date written in ink for 1.5 years after him saying it, but eventually it would turn out to have still been 2.5 away from launch. Come on now. For that to happen something really needs to have gone wrong or something.

I’m over the delay news but this would more than suck. But I’m not going to stress any further about it, no use, no point.

Im patient but lets not push it :phil_lmao:

2 Likes

I mean, so what? What matters is how the game turns out

Id rather the game taking far longer to come out, Todd being wrong on his projections but the game being as amazing as possible than it hitting 11/11/22, Todd being correct and it being a glitchy mess with a bunch of content needing to be cut to get it out in time