Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

ngl Halo Infinite did give me some Far Cry vibes

Why are y’all talking about a 2030+ game this early :pensive:

1 Like
5 Likes

Just your daily reminder that mobile gaming is absolutely massive, and a massive reason why Microsoft is buying ABK.

12 Likes

Crazy. And Warzone will be a separate mobile game :fire:

My picks:

• Denver (New Vegas sequel)
  • LA or Chicago (Fallout 5)
  • London (spin-off)

I think this will be handled by BGS (mainline 100%). Maybe Obsidian will return to it after Avowed is shipped (next year I would guess).

But that would bring some questions as assets made using the Creation Engine 2 don’t exist and I would suppose that this would be BGS’ task to make these and lead the art direction of next-gen Fallout (unless you can convert like from UE4 to UE5 but I think it’s unlikely).

But I also guess that pre-production of Fallout 5 will start after Starfield is shipped so it may not be a problem ultimately.

I want Xbox to make a level editor like Far Cry 5 but with assets from every Xbox property and use IDTech as it’s game engine. So basically the Xbox FPS version of Super Mario Maker.

1 Like

Philadelphia would be the best east coast setting, but they need to also include the suburbs also known as the main line. They could also do a DLC where you cross the New Jersey bridge. They could do some great stuff in Philadelphia, I’d love for them to do my city and my suburbs.

1 Like
10 Likes

I kinda would like a horror game by Tango on UE5 now…

I would advise against seeing the comments section on the video

Make Project Spark again

1 Like

Nah, with the advent of UE5 and Unity, stuff like Dreams or Project Spark is just not worth it. You waste a lot of times on making a game while not gaining useful skills.

2 Likes

Nah, this is over. For creative gamers and educational stuff with a low entry barrier there is Minecraft. For people who want to build high def stuff there are free tools like Blender, Unity and Unreal. There is no useful market for another Project Spark.

1 Like
15 Likes
10 Likes

Well we know, what, that MachineGames is doing Indy and Roundhouse is working on some sort of shooter project right heavily rumored to be Marvel? I wonder who else would fit the bill?

I think Bethesda does. I’ll be surprised if Xbox Game Studios do though, they might just included the Sea of Thieves Pirates of the Caribbean DLC.

1 Like

Hero shooter from Roundhouse yeah. Let’s see if that makes an appearance here.