Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Killer News Here!?

They’re busy but it’s not quite the same. Throughout Scalebound development (2013-17) they had Bayo 2, Star Fox, Granblue, Nier, Babylon’s Fall, TMNT, Bayo 3 and Astral Chain all in various stages of development.

They’ve still got a few irons in the fire, but not as many high profile titles as back then, and the studios has been growing since.

If they still want back in on Scalebound, I hope MS works something out.

I think the sudden return of Scalebound with a great demo and a 6 month lead to launch would be great for a cross-gen title that’s gotten a bit of love.

Or they could just hard reboot and go from there. I still want Scalebound, idc how it happens.

That’s freaking awesome!!! Reminds me of the spartan kick in AC Odyssey where the enemy will go flying backwards. Hope I remember that I can do this after upgrading the grapple shot.

3 Likes
16 Likes

Halo has gone gold!!

11 Likes

Woohoo!!! 18 days to go!!!

3 Likes

343 getting the love from these impressions on campaign.

Going with a 89 meta

4 Likes

It won’t be announced.

The visuals alone are going to knock my block off.

2 Likes

Playground has proven that they can make a gorgeous open world with very rich simulated elements. That much is guaranteed. It’s everything else that I’m hoping they get right. Witcher 3 is still a gorgeous game for example yet I couldn’t play through the game beyond a few hours due to its gameplay, even if it had excellent writing. The main aspects Fable has to get right is its systems (morality, economy, magic, real estate, etc), quest design (boasts included), good lighthearted funny writing, strong combat and spells.

4 Likes

Yeah, the first game is still published by Microsoft, so it’s not coming to PS5 ever. However, a sequel can. But I don’t see any sort of evidence it is even being made for a good while. I’d figured Drew Murray would be working on one of the secret projects which could have been SO2, but nah turned out he’s on the Wolverine team.

2 Likes

My main aspect is I want the game to feel great to play. Forza Horizon is a joy to play whatever you’re doing, and I want Fable like that. Every other thing can be decent at best and I wouldn’t mind as long as the game feels great to play. I legit hope they take Mario Odyssey and BotW as their inspiration on that.

2 Likes

Ratchet team could theoretically make it, don’t know why they would though.

Because it’s a good game. The best Insomniac game, actually.

2 Likes

Spider-man is right there

It might be but it didn’t light up the charts and if The Wolverine sells anywhere close to Spiderman then I cannot see Sony allowing a large team to work on Sunset when they have proven sellers already.

1 Like

A Marvel Game Universe with 2 games ain’t much of a universe

I can’t even keep up with how many goddamn teams there are at Insomniac all making insane looking blockbuster level games. Spidey 2018 team is making the sequel, Miles Morales team is making Wolverine, and there’s a Multiplayer game also in the works going by job listings on their own twitter. No idea what the Ratchet team is doing, but SO2 could be great for them. The on-rails aspect is already familiar. :philwins:

1 Like

I have played a lot of Spider-Man games and yeah Insomniac’s was the best but eh, nothing is that amazing about it. Sunset was a joy to play all the time between its traversal, world and attitude, and combat. And there’s like nothing like it.

1 Like

There’s some magical management and development pipelines at Insomniac for sure. They’re almost an unfair advantage for Sony bruh.