Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Killer News Here!?

the step inside trailer was nice so seeing the banished version is awesome.

8 Likes

I dont do Halo lore

Is this a new character or do we know anything about him?

I know Atriox is considered a big bad, is this guy above or below Atriox?

1 Like

Below :wink:

But he was his mentor, his name is Escharum.

4 Likes

The amount of women in position of significance/power at xbox is really cool to see.

8 Likes

Do we know what happened to Atriox after the events in Halo Wars 2?

Atriox was trapped (or killed?) Inside the ark (or whatever it is called in HW2). No one really knows.

in shadows of reach he got off the ark

3 Likes

I find it weird that Escharum message is kind of the opposite of what The Banished are, like they literally have their hero, hope and savior in Atriox(The Swords have that In Thel 'Vadam. Or is the reason why he’s saying this is to try to demoralize humanity?

2 Likes

These things always make me laugh. I mean do they not realize that people have access to the 4K trailer and can verify how things actually look?

1 Like

they dont care they just want to downplay it because halo is xbox and xbox is halo

2 Likes

Installing Halo Wars 2 to become fully accustomed to the banished.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Does anyone else want an Xbox/Bethesda hero shooter? Overwatch is my most played game ever, a game in the same vain but with its own twists of course, with Chief, Doomguy, Marcus Fenix, Joanna Dark, Corvo, Blazkowicz, and many others. Each with their iconic weapons and abilities. An arena with objectives with attacking - defensive roles, where some characters can have an attacking or a defensive configuration, some could be melee-based or 3rd-person too like OW. It would take a lot of thought and brilliant design to get and balance right but man it would be my wet dream :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Going to need to play the DLC for that goal to be accomplished!

I had a good time with it, but if the genre isn’t your thing, I’m sure you’d be fine just watching a YouTube video or two.

Some people here would say Microsoft has enough multiplayer shooters at this point. The problem with a project like this is if it isn’t better than Overwatch/Paladins/insert other game here, people will abandon it and just play those games instead, and then all of that work is wasted.

I think Microsoft is more concerned with making games that are uniquely their own and not served by other games currently available, and personally that is a more interesting pursuit to me.

1 Like
12 Likes

I mean other than Halo Infinite, I don’t see others that could be compared? I’m talking strictly arena and competitive shooters, I legit don’t see others I’d like for you to point them out if I’m missing something. What looks like they will have enough of are those 1-4 co-op ones that honestly aren’t my thing unfortunately.

Yeas but I also think that type was only well served by Overwatch especially in the console space. PC got enough of it. I’m not suggesting it’s something Microsoft just ‘forces’ a studio to make, but rather something that is born naturally with time when someone between the studios realizes the potential for a Xbox character crossover & celebration game and pitches it.

1 Like

The Microsoft has a lot of shooter arguments is kinda eh considering its been pretty much Halo and Gears until Doom and Wolfenstein just arrived.

3 Likes

I honestly think they could use more. I love the idea of adding another narrative 3rd person shooter

1 Like

Interested as to when Bungie reveal Matter