Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Killer News Here!?

at the game awards with Phil

1 Like

Season 11 Yes GIF by Masterchef

3 Likes

I’m not necessarily opposed to the idea, but I don’t think it’s the best genre for the Xbox mascot crossover game that needs to happen for 2 reasons:

1. Overwatch is an almost perfect game. It’s gonna be nearly impossible to top.

2. It leaves out the Xbox characters that don’t have guns.

I mean there are Overwatch heroes without guns

Really? I mean 2022 will have Darktide and Redfall. 2023 Contraband most likely. Project Shaolin, Project Dragon, at least one could be in 2024.

1 Like

There’s 2. And one of them is known more for his giant shield then his offensive abilities.

And they can all be played alone too. We’ve already done this song & dance though, I’m sick of going deep into it. It always ends up with people saying the same nonsense. (But also… that’s not that many)

1 Like

I seen at least one or two people say most Xbox studios are making shooters, because a lot of them are in first-person and therefore = shooter.

And to your point, Gears, Halo, Doom, Quake, and Wolfenstein are an amazing shooter library and would be immaculate to have them all in the next 3-4 years. Each one is so unique and different from the other, maybe Quake could be similar to Doom but if it happens at all then I won’t complain, because it will also mean Doom will be put on hold anyway.

1 Like

Zombie Army 4 now has crossplay for Playstation, PC, and… that’s it.

And they’re not even commenting on why Xbox isn’t included.

1 Like

do you think that avowed should be harder than outer worlds ? one thing that i didnt like about outer worlds was that it was too easy , im not saying that it should have been Doom eternal hard but still a little bit more challenging wouldnt hurt

I’m looking forward to see the step up in quality from a number of Xbox Studios such as Undead, Compulsion, Ninja Theory and Inxile. I have heard it said that SOD3 is actually going to be a massive improvement over SOD2 in the visuals department. It’s going to be AAA quality. I can’t wait to see some updates on it. Also I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised when Compulsion shows their next game. They have had a big intake of employees and have a very good artistic groove. So I think it’s going to be very interesting.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just taking a little longer to implement? Weird. Hopefully Xbox will lean on them and get this fixed.

or maybe PlayStation is buying Rebellion?!?!? /s

You’d think if that was the case, they’d say so.

This game is literally dead on Xbox. On Game Pass and no one is playing it.

Fair enough. Maybe they just felt it was more trouble than it was worth? I don’t know. Is it a bad look? Absolutely. Hopefully they’ll fix it. But, if it’s like you’ve said and the Xbox population just isn’t there, I don’t necessarily blame Rebellion for not doing the work (especially if perhaps Sony made it worth their while for exclusivity??) to make it happen.

Regardless, this isn’t really the thread for it. They’re not a Xbox Game Studio.

1 Like

I find hard to believe it’s more played on PS than Xbox, very hard. I think it’s the usual bullshit with Sony policies, they demand to be first and better most of times.

2 Likes

It was on PSN+ half a year ago. Xbox has a tons of different MP games on Game Pass to choose from.

Anyways it’s off-topic so let’s drop this topic.

Are you ready for more Trebuchet ?

7 Likes

is that Ragnar in the thumbnail?

Jeff Grubb talking about Project Belfry on Grubbsnax now. I’m trying to type as he talks:

• Similar to Dragon’s Crown

• Side-scrolling action game

• Massive world. “Belfry” is your home base where you will craft things and then go out into the world

• Art style has Princess Mononoke vibes

• Won’t reveal developer. Does say they are well known for cool art styles, but they’ve never done anything quite like this.

I asked if it’s single-player or co-op in the questions, he hasn’t answered yet.

19 Likes

Interesting, leaning into the high end anime art style on a couple of these indie partners. I like it.

This sounds amazing I love this artstyle so much! Xbox is really going to have the most diverse lineup in gaming history ever.

4 Likes