Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Recently DOTEMU the devs of SO4 (STREETS OF RAGE 4) and MONSTERBOY were acquired by FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE. I just thought a dev like this would have been good to have under Xbox to work on some old ARCADE Classics like the X-MEN ARCADE with new visuals X-Men: The Arcade Game (Konami) (1992) Full Playthrough - YouTube Also with games like GUILTY GEAR looking like animated series it would be nice if those visuals were used in making some of the old ARCADES and putting them in GAMEPASS.

Dotemu is the publisher The dev has not been acquired, yet, I think - Lizardcube.

2 Likes

He’s not an insider/leaker/or-some-different-shit. He just says whatever anyone say.

Benji is a good unbiased dude :+1:

1 Like

Roleplaying games have become my favorite genre and its a space that’s in need of more games. Xbox Game Studios now owns most of the popular wRPG studios. Now they’ll all have larger budgets and all the games are going to be available on Xbox Game Pass.

As an added bonus, BioWare titles are available via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I haven’t been on XboxEra as much lately because I started the Mass Effect Legendary Edition (not available on Game Pass currently) and have been playing through the backlog of Bethesda titles through Game Pass. I’m about to complete Mass Effect 1, probably the best game I’ve ever played in my entire life.

I’m being genuine when I say there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox. If you want to start experiencing some of the best video games in history, a lot of them are currently available through Xbox Game Pass/Ultiamte.

I’ll take it a step further, there’s never been a better time in gaming history than where we stand today

Yep you heard me. The ability to play 300+ games for $15 a month or for free via Microsoft rewards. There’s no reason to say there isn’t much to play. I’ve never been so overwhelmed with the amount of great games I could be playing right now. I have access to some of the best games in history.

The greatest games in history are available right now on Xbox Game Pass.

You’ve got all the Fallout titles, you’ve got elder scrolls, you’ve got Dragon Age, you’ve got Halo and Forza Horizon etc. How are people going to go out and say that Xbox has no games? I own a switch, a PC and a Xbox. I haven’t touch my PC or switch in almost two months because I’ve been so busy playing fantastic games on Game Pass via Xbox Series S.

Ahem let me clear my throat for what I’m about to say

Xbox Game Studios has the greatest first party lineup

Yes. Obsidian, Bethesda Game Studios, Tango Gameworks, Arkane Studios, id Software, 343 Industries, The Coalition, Turn 10, Playground etc. I’m tired of pretending that Xbox’s first party lineup isn’t good or has a hill to climb. I currently don’t have a reason to go out and buy another console or upgrade my PC because there’s so many options for what I can play and things to look forward to this year and next year.

My final take

Sony and Nintendo are going to have to give me a reason to care for their current platforms because right now I’m feeling content to only using an Xbox. The only other device I could see myself using is a Steam Deck because it has a ton of games. if the Steam Deck lives up to its promises I don’t see a reason for anyone to buy a Nintendo Switch unless the only thing they enjoy playing is Mario and Zelda. I don’t have enough time to play everything, and right now Xbox Game Pass is the clear and obvious choice for anyone looking to experience the greatest stories in gaming, the best action in gaming, and the thrill of driving.

16 Likes

I meant Henderson. :slight_smile:

Yes Twelve Minutes is getting really good reviews!

https://www.dualshockers.com/twelve-minutes-review-time-waits-for-no-one/?amp

2 Likes

12 Minutes for PC, XBXS, XB1 Reviews - OpenCritic

Seems to be an Ascent-like mixed bag. But Im looking forward to it.

I think the ascent is way better than what the reviews said but YMMV depending on the bugs and difficulty spikes you may encounter which seem to be way too common.

Twelve Minutes is not an Xbox Game Studios’ game.

3 Likes

I’m strictly talking about the average review score. Not the real world quality of the game. Mileage varies with any game. I love Terminator Resistance and that game was universally panned. (I loved The Ascent as well)

Yeah, it’s technically OT here.

Thanks Captain Obvious. Still a product of Indie relations with xbox and launching into GP Day 1.

7 Likes

Here you go. This is the more better thread for Xbox Game Pass games. Eventually ID@Xbox thread.

Indeed, but he’s not wrong.

2 Likes

It aint derailing anything. Dont get why people get the need to do moderation or something over stuff like this when they arent mods and its not harming anyone.

Its not like the game being discussed is a Non XBOX game.

5 Likes

It’s about being consistent. And yes I agree the moderation should be left to the actual moderators, but it is what it is.

1 Like

It’s not published by Xbox nor made by an Xbox studio so…

This is a weird discussion to have tbh. You know it’s off topic, I know he’s backseat moderating.

Its a game pass game day tho Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Let me spin this Mort!

1 Like

Console (mostly timed) exclusive third-party games launching day one on Xbox Game Pass (but not every time, like Death’s Door) don’t mean they’re from Xbox Game Studios. Definitely not. There are other, more suitable, places for them.