Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I can feel the fun through the screen.

2 Likes

What was the Persona hope

Since Double Fine and Obsidian were mentioned survivor in guessing we see Grounded gameplay and Psychonauts gameplay.

CGI is fine. The worst thing in gaming is not CGI, I can assure you.

I get where @ProgStopper is coming from, because I’m a bit like that. Everyone is a bit like that I suppose. It’s like when you’re in a competition and you want your opponent to aknowledge you beat him. It may happen if he’s honnest and plays fair, but in most cases, he will just do his best to ignore you. So yeah, the only way to get the sense of that is to hear what they say (in this case : read what they post). And it could be tiring.

Not to beat that drum again, but it’s fine to be salty. Just tell it how it is, it’s fine. I’ve been salty for quite some time, probably since 2013, getting through 720p and kinect was rough, but I enjoyed what I played from the start and that’s the only thing that’s important in the end.

Sony has some incredible games and that’s the truth. That new Ratchet game looks awesome and I’m a bit jealous about Forbidden West, even though I will play it on PS4. Hiding that is the worst, because you’re being desingenuous and it becomes harder to take you seriously, really.

I think it’s important to aknowledge what the other competitors do and be fair about it. And yeah, reading some of what’s posted recently made my eyes roll, because we know they are being desingenuous, especially right now.

I’m sorry, but that Guardians of the Galaxy game is awesome, even there’s some rough edges.

4 Likes

I’m getting Guardians of the Galaxy, Forza’s Premium Add-on pack and PokĂ©mon Brilliant Diamond. I’m screwed

2 Likes

First, off went over your post history.

It’s cool being pro-Sony, I like lots of what Sony’s done. However, you’ve specifically come to XboxERA in only the past week and was determined to start shit with users here whenever they wanted to even remotely throw shade at PlayStation.

You came to the wrong place for that I’m afraid.

This is a pro Xbox forum to celebrate the love of all things Xbox. Some of that involves some of us, not all, taking the piss out of Sony and it’s fans every now and then. If you want to be apart of the community, you’re gonna have to learn to deal with that here.

No we don’t always actively console war full on, but we dabble as a laugh. On OtherERA, Xbox fans were routinely made to feel unwelcomed by a forum many of us considered Pro-Sony. Things came to a head after Summer 2020 and Microsoft’s less than stellar showing of Games Showcase.

It’s not a a “safe space” but it’s a place where Xbox fans can kick back and shoot the shit. You’ll find often times that myself and others take cheap pot shots at OtherERA because some of had bad experiences there.

So when we see some members of the PS OtherERA community actively dismiss Xbox’s showcase, downtalk GamePass and say “Sony won E3 by showing they didn’t need to show up”, we like to poke fun at shit.

We’re all adults here, and sometimes we call out bullshit when we see it. We all love games, on all systems. We’re fans of video games, doesn’t mean we can’t take the piss out of the other system sometimes.

So ease up chief, and maybe think about where you are. Every single one of your posts has been combative against the Pro-Xbox atmosphere we have here.

If people taking the piss out of PlayStation and PlayStation fans sometimes makes you combative, as your post history suggests, then may I suggest either using the ignore feature or maybe finding another place that may be more to your liking.

We would like you stay and have fun and celebrate Xbox with us, but if you’re going to try to fight an actual console war about being upset because we’re taking the piss out of a small group of people, then mate, you need to chill.

Lots of us poke fun at each other, and the different systems.

Relax and try to enjoy yourself here.

14 Likes

Now with that out of the way, let’s back on track here.

What are we expecting with the sit-down on Thursday with Parrish?

7 Likes

An update on Hellblade II I guess? That was the only major thing on PracticalBrush’s E3 list that we didn’t see. And I believe they said Ninja Theory would be there. So I suppose they’ll give us an update on development.

3 Likes

I’d love to hear updates on things like As Dusk Falls, and hear how COVID has impacted development on some of the games like that, and hear about how they’ve been working on games so needed for performance/motion capture.

1 Like

Xbox has so many games that a first party game from one of their best studios being rebooted literally doesn’t make a dent

9 Likes

Menu
? @staffy

5 Likes

Probably a placeholder

Let’s take this to private messages as to not derail the thread further. I have much more to say to you.

I think you read this wrong Prog. I think he’s saying there not many other people out there that could do a better job than the guy Rare put on the project. It was a compliment.

1 Like

Ah okay, the context was a little lost on me.

I had to read it twice

Rereading it a few times again, now I get it. It’s tough to get a first glance.

I wrote something that wasn’t really suited for an article but I have some opinions

3 Likes

Got suspended for a day for saying i was a bit disappointed with the showing. Didn’t realize this forum didn’t allow for opinions. Let me reword it and make it more clear.

As a presentation and event I think MS nailed it and it was a standout showing in terms of numbers and games. But for me personally watching it as a long term RPG and action game fan and fan of Japanese games it left a bit wanting. Not denying it was a great showing. But It wasn’t the amazing showing people claim it to be. It needed that variety and at least 1 or 2 AAA Japanese games to be on there. I’m someone who doesn’t really care for shooters outside of maybe the odd game here and there like a Halo or a cool SP focused one and MS showed so many Shooters it was unreal.

Still a good showing and a lot to look forward to

I’m looking forward to that Snowboarding game Shredder. Easily my fav game showed yesterday. We’ve waited so long for a Snowboarding game. Get this to run 4k 60FPS and i think it has potential.

3 Likes

This forum absolutely allows for opinions and maintains a standard for putting them out there. If this was your original post (minus the first two sentences) we wouldn’t have silenced you for a day.

8 Likes