Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I think xCloud will be ready for prime time once those XSX blades are deployed. Supposedly it should bring lag down to Stadia levels and obviously a more modern experience (with SSD and all that).

Stadia seemed good enough to be the primary way someone plays.

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Might hear something about ML soon hopefully

ā€œmultiple new projectsā€

so we ready for another Coalition and Gears meltdown or what? @javycane

1 Like

Donā€™t argue with them fam, just let them feel how they feel.

Always here for it

stretching GIF

2 Likes

Once Xcloud does get to not only Stadia levels of useness but also of support in multiple regions.

Xcloud when I visit my parents in Puerto Rico is useless while Stadia was flawless. Who knew.

Yeah itā€™s more of a general vibe they put out. Itā€™s ā€œtemper your expectationsā€ which is understandable. Itā€™s more how it is received creating doom and gloom, it should be fought with a bit of hype imho.

I expect Halo Infinite and some Game Pass announcements. The rest is a bonus, and Iā€™m pretty hyped about that :wink:

the problem with Stadia was always its approach and business model cuz the tech side they were supposedly very good.

Iā€™m just imagining if MS had the Stadia tech but the gamepass model, shit would have become massive already.

Iā€™ll give two years minimum for Xcloud to be even remotely penetrating the market in significant ways and thatā€™s fine, the fact that MS is taking its time with this is exactly why they are gonna succeed compared to Stadia which tried to rush it.

2 Likes

Naturally as expected because itā€™s running on a 1.4 TF system (Xbox One S) versus Google Stadiaā€™s 10.7 TF system. You canā€™t make up for the vast image quality differences before streaming with that gap, regardless of however clever you are with encodings. Just like there is a huge gap between Xbox One S games and XBox One X games.

3 Likes

has anyone watched a podcast? Is there something interesting? Iā€™ve only seen a couple of posts about Sony buying the temporary exclusivity of the new Bioshock

You should ask in the Podcast Thread

Sorry. Thank you

How does spending billions on acquisitions and them directly saying they see Sony as a competitor not support what Iā€™m saying? You donā€™t spend that kind of money if exclusives arenā€™t important to your platform.

Anyone thatā€™s been paying attention can see what Iā€™m saying aligns much closer than what youā€™re posting. Itā€™s telling that youā€™d much rather just dismiss the factual points Iā€™ve brought up and much rather twist the narrative of Xbox to better suit your view of it.

Do you have this tweet so we can see it in context? I highly doubt thatā€™s what he meant.

Thereā€™s just something about wildly swaying trees and foliage in games. Look at this. I am hoping the wind system in Halo Infinite will produce similar kind of effects, Iā€™d love that. This also reminds me of The Witcher 3.

Is that Shadow Warrior?

1 Like

Thatā€™s because it will finally have competition. Saying thatā€¦I donā€™t ever expect Sony to launch their games on PlayStation Now day 1ā€¦and theyā€™ve said as much. Until they doā€¦Gamepass doesnā€™t have any competition

Yes sir. The second one, lovely with fps boost and visually is actually quite impressive. Only thing that takes away from it is aliasing and lower resolution.

1 Like

Okay, cool. Series isnā€™t for me but Shadow Warrior 3 looks great.

1 Like

I agree, the wind effects just kinda make the game feel more alive. But one reason or justification Iā€™ve read regarding how these wind based effects and foliage swaying and all that are absent from a lot of shooters is because they tend to make it harder to read/discern enemies, especially at a long distance. Because at a certain level, youā€™re relying on movement on the screen to find where the enemy is and if a bunch of shit is swaying around in front of them itā€™s bound to affect your judgment. But tbh Crysis seemed to pull it off well, so does something like Farcry, and Halo can have that in Campaign at least, make the open world feel more alive and breathing but I do think itā€™s a deliberate choice whichever way they go and Iā€™m ultimately OK with it. I know the MP canā€™t have any of that stuff tho.