Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I was just proving someone else’s point that the gameplay trailer had a better reception than the demo.

I mean launching Halo 4 on the 360 a year before the xbox one launched wasnt really the brightest of plans in terms of support.

Halo 4 campaign was solid even with its own set of issues but the online was panned cause it just wasnt really what Halo was. The Halo 5 campaign was panned because it was bad and took focus away from Master Chief for 13 MISSIONS.

I want too see an updated campaign, maybe ever an overlap showing last year to this year

based on this VB report, it is possible to say that after Phil left Microsoft Studios, the position was simply “idle”. maybe the heads of the studios: 343, Rare etc. reported to Phil until Matt Booty took over MS Studios in January 2018. i guess.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/17/microsoft-appoints-minecraft-leader-matt-booty-to-no-2-job-in-games/

For the campaign you just gotta do 1 more proper showing and the rest can be curated trailers in the buildup to release. 343 have 5 more months to do proper streams of all the other features to gather attention of the people for the f2p multiplayer.

2 Likes

I 100% agree with ur points about both games.

That being said let’s not pretend halo 4 didn’t have legs because of Xbox one. It launched to 80 million users and started having population problems 6 months after release. I myself gave up on it 2 months after release and went back to 3 n reach.

Tbh the end tail of the 360 was already causing problems for the brand and Sony was picking up a lot more steam.

:face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

sweat every pixel on screen :fire:

3 Likes
6 Likes

Like you have anything to support your hypothesis.

We all are just putting our own ideas of how Xbox is going about its business here.

1 Like

No competitor to game pass hasnt stopped Sony and the moment PS Now gets exclusives day 1 you people will stop saying this.

Game Pass is great but there are some people that dont care about it and the data says more people arent subbed to it than they are subbed. Xbox fans have to stop using game pass as some mighty reflective shield to criticism and lumping everything with it.

3 Likes

It rubbed me the wrong way because at the time it seemed like he was implying that the teams under MS were incapable of making something that compared graphically to Horizon. Which mostly likely won’t be the case and Jez has had weird takes before.

Yeah it seemed at first he was talking in general, before he posted again to specify he vfc was talking specifically about this year’s E3.

1 Like

Sheilding from critisms???

I just don’t care about traditional console market. Subscription is all I care about. I am not sheilding Xbox from critisms. It’s just not there for me in the equation of what I expect from Xbox.

Xbox didn’t have a day one release this month in Gamepass - now that’s what I will criticize Xbox for this month.

1 Like

Personally, im hoping for a gameplay trailer showcasing a new/different area for the campaign because it’s what I care about and after last year, my expectations went down so in order for that to go back up, they need to impress me a far better looking campaign and showcase the visual improvements. E3 2018 interested me with their Halo Infinite trailer especially at the end when Master Chief is driving the Warthog and made me excited for the game. E3 2019 was fine. But 2020 was disappointing for me because it’s like they went two steps back in terms of visuals. If they don’t show a new campaign gameplay trailer in two weeks, then im coming out of the showcase for the second year in a row being disappointed about Halo Infinite despite starting out excited after E3 2018 and going into last year’s showcase.

If it was up to me, I would showcase a 6-8 minute story campaign gameplay trailer in a different/new area with the new visuals, lighting, etc. running off Series X and then follow it up with MP. I would have an overview of all the modes being highlighted by gameplay on screen and a narrator explaining the modes. 15-30 seconds for each mode that would be available at launch so I guess add a few extra minutes to the 6-8 minute campaign trailer and then at the end, announce an open beta for late July for a week as this gives them time to setup their dedicated servers for the open beta. They would then have three months to tune/adjust stuff before final release.

I would also announce that the single player campaign that was shown last year will be playable at the end of June with the new graphical improvements and whatnot but with the story cinematics edited out for obvious reasons. This way, everyone sees and can experience either or both via watching them and later on by playing the demo/open beta. Everyone wins this way.

Of course, I don’t see any of this happening. What I do see happening is the same thing as Gears 5 in 2019 but without actual people being shown playing the MP. I think they will just show a MP trailer and explain what you’re seeing but hopefully, without any sort of announcer or people playing who never come across well in these segments when playing the game. We don’t need to hear any of these people. Just the narrator describing what you’re seeing and that’s it.

2 Likes

This is what I would do as well. Nicely said.

1 Like

casual gamer second option xcloud, as right now i can’t see xcloud take off in next three years.

i can’t see casual gamers build/buy gaming pc as best option. console still the best option for casual gamers

2 Likes

Xcloud is still massively inferior to Stadia in stream quality and thats not even taking into account that it runs on hardware from previous gen.

How appealing is Streaming games to mobile or pc? Consoles and native PC access are still the prime way to get access to these games so at a minimum its $300 bucks to get into next gen.

:grinning:

4 Likes