Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

I think they might be going too far, bumming people out instead.

We need more hype around Xbox, not less.

1 Like

Also when people say we have seen stuff from the campaign multiple times what do yall mean? We have gotten 1 demo that resulted in the game getting delayed a year and some ā€œPC build WIP imagesā€. The Engine trailer was a best case scenario years ago and that deliver hope trailer was not representative of the actual game either.

Asking for an updated campaign showing at E3 isnt like a crime lol.

3 Likes

He was responsible for Kinect, HoloLens projects for Xbox at this time and he moved to Windows for human computer interaction technologies in 2015.

TBH from what I have been observing lately is that graphical intensive games is all that matters. Nobody is excited about indie and AA games anymore. All they feed into is the big blockbusters. I have yet to see people actually having discussions about games themselves on this forums. Itā€™s always a reactionary discussion MS should do this MS should do that rather than sharing experiences of the game they have recently played.

5 Likes

On YouTube the campaign demo with 8 million plus views has 217k thumbs up and 38k thumbs down. 17.5% of the ratings are negative.

The campaign gameplay trailer has 72k thumbs up and 8k thumbs down. Just over 11% of the thumbs ratings are negative.

Klobrille is of course correct here.

Yes Youtube thumbs up the definitive metric to success.

4 Likes

Who cares what Sony fans think of Xbox Games. Seriously people, you need to stop caring about them and focus on what you individually like.

3 Likes

I definitely agree with this in regards to the XGS and Community OTs, but in the Yakuza OT, Mass Effect OT, and the Sea of Thieves OT, for example, there are some genuinely nice discussions about actual games.

1 Like

Any guesses about the release date for Psychonauts 2? Iā€™m going with August.

GG still has janky voice acting same was with the first one. And Gears Hivebusters already looks similar to HFW at 4k 60 FPS with a higher FOV. I would rate The coalition much higher than GG. Itā€™s not always about graphics. While Horizon was a great game it was basically a Far Cry type game with light RPG elements baked onto the game and a unique world.

Only on forums where campaign is more important is it regarded that way. Letā€™s bring up halo 5 then.

Halo 4 had a much better reception for the campaign, but itā€™s multiplayer was panned. Halo 5 had a bad reception for campaign but itā€™s multiplayer was excellent.

343 themselves that halo 5 had better legs in terms of player engagement than halo 4 or halo reach.

1 Like

Possibly July or August. I think thereā€™s a handful of June games already for GamePass, right?

1 Like

I want to see at least a montage of some new Halo Infinite biomes and then a look at Warzone.

For me itā€™s 50/50. I love the campaigns in Halo and I replay them often, so a good campaign is incredibly important to me. I do sink more time into multiplayer though, so itā€™s hard to decide. I think people focusing on the MP aspect are projecting the idea that Halo MP will be f2p and will have the ability to reach Cod Warzone or Fortnite numbers which may never happen. Either way, itā€™s a weird argument.

Yeah, I donā€™t think itā€™s crazy to want to see more (maybe in a different location or possibly an indoor section), or at the very least to see whatā€™s been improved.

I do think the greater emphasis at E3 will be on MP though.

2 Likes

August is my guess as well.

Klobrille was talking about the trailer having better reception than the demo. So yes, in this case, like/dislikes are a good way to gauge reception. I saw people online saying the trailer looked better too at the time.

At the end of the day weā€™re all consumers and should have our own expectations of companies. Other people donā€™t get to set your expectations of what a company should do. Also, if they donā€™t meet them you should complain or find a company that does meet them. This temper expectations thing is garbage.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen anyone try to temper expectations to the point of being a downer. The most extreme example I can think of is Grubb saying this wonā€™t be like a 2015 E3 of dreams and some people will be disappointed. Both of those statements are very likely true. Some expectations for this show are too high and people should not be expecting this E3 to calm all the concerns surrounding XGS. If you have more extreme examples, Iā€™d love to see them.

Even with takes such as Grubbā€™s that isnā€™t to say people shouldnā€™t get excited and heā€™s said that as well. Fact is this show wonā€™t please everyone and thatā€™s OK. Very rarely will a company please everyone.

Itā€™s natural for people to want XGS to wow people, especially with the anxiety surrounding XGSā€™s output. They just need to come to grips that reacting to the competition in a knee jerk way isnā€™t whatā€™s going to happen.

1 Like

Until video impressions are tied to actual Xbox Console ownership its as worthless as user based MetaCritic game scores. Itā€™s nothing but fanboy fodder used by insecure people.

1 Like

This I wholeheartedly agree.

2 Likes

It is a decent representation for reception to a individual piece of marketing.