Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

This was what my post was reacting to.

Before he posted this.

We have wildly swaying trees in Battlefield games though. :smiley:

He means XGS projects are further out and basically nobody can know yet at what kind of visual level these games will be?

1 Like

yeah nah, nowhere am I seeing him say Xbox is incapable of making great looking games in any of these tweets, only that he doesn’t expect the kind of visual stunners at THIS E3. It’s just that he isn’t as impressed with racing games so FH5 won’t faze him in the same way HFW did which is his problem. But he hasn’t said anywhere nor implied any such thing that you’re insinuating.

1 Like

Im sure xbox can make those type of looking games its just the studios they have dont chase that style beyond Ninja Theory and Coalition(at least character models).

1 Like

lol been a while since I played any BF game, but that’s cool to know. That’s a proper competitive shooter so if it can do it maybe Halo can as well.

yep I can’t think of any XGS or Bethesda studio outside those two that aim for hyper realism in art and visual direction. Maybe Machinegames. iDsoftware? iDsoftware aims for maximum testosterone instead.

But the majority of em have their own art styles and design philosophies that are not aimed at maximizing fidelity. Psychonauts 2 character faces look like they’re from OG Xbox days lol but the art direction fits perfectly and the environments look phenomenal, in that way Double Fine do their own thing. Same with Compulsion games who shall do their own thing, Obsidian do their own thing, Arkane do their own thing, Bethesda do their own thing, 343 are gonna do their own thing, etc.

1 Like

In a recent interview a Microsoft executive talked about Gamepass and Exclusive for Gamepass strategy.

If it were for console strategy, they would have exclusive games launching right now. But they are in preparation mode for maga Gamepass surge rather then short term console market capturing.

Console is still above PC and mobile - but it all comes under Gamepass strategy.

Last year’s Xbox Showcase was all about Gamepass. And there is no denying that.

3-Inxile
from jobs(Mind-blowing Visuals, Stunning 3D Facial Animations) + unreal 5
4-The Initiative
5- i think i can say Playground Games but not on realism i think fable will have Mind-blowing Visuals But all of those games/ Studios should show And prove that not just expectations

2 Likes

Regarding the character models - it has the same art style, but the level of detail is easy to notice for me since I played the original Psychonauts very recently. So, I kindly disagree.

1 Like

But they havent because the investment happened to late. I don’t see the link in what you are trying to say.

This downplaying of the xbox hardware when its still the other key component to the game pass atrategy is odd.

I think Avowed may turn out to be a real looker as well!

7 Likes

Do we know if that Typhoon :cyclone: project is going to be multiplayer-only game or there will be some gameplay for single-player gamers?
:face_with_monocle:

If Outer Worlds last dlc is any indication yes it will.

What might also come into play is, Sony might be going for 30fps with HFW, the footage sure is. I wonder how close to native 4K that is, because maybe dynamic 4K/60fps is possible? This is what I hope for the majority of XGS too. 60fps has proven to be a game changer, but we can’t forget about resolution and visual fidelity. Something like Avowed or Fable hopefully can tick all boxes. Not necessarily 4K, but dynamic 4K,60fps and have amazing visual fidelity too.

Maybe Fable, Avowed, inXile, Hellblade 2 is where machine learning will be used?

It looks that good? Nice! I have yet to play both, damn I need to get started. There’s still SO much!

Nothing to disagree, you misunderstood me haha. I was referring strictly to the character faces, they just look like mushy clay with just a flat hand painted texture, it’s what’s on the body and head that have significantly higher detail both in geometry and shaders.

1 Like

Yep, and the environments from what little I’ve seen of it in screenshots look awesome. Man I cannot wait for this game, and that’s all because of the first game. Before that I thought very little of Psychonauts 2.

2 Likes

Constructive criticism =/= complaining, doomposting, being overly negative, creating FUD, concern trolling or whatever else some people on this forum like to label it. There may be a fine line between the groups due to optics and perspective but I think it would help discussion to approach these debates in good faith instead of immediately dismissing everything as something negative because it’s something you don’t agree with.

Back on topic:

All of the Xbox studios sharing tech and working together, the skilled hardware and software engineers they have, plus what’s under the hood of the Series X, I don’t think we’ll have to worry about graphical showcases in a few years. Can’t wait to see UE5, VRR, and RT in a big budget Coalition title. You will probably be able to see dew on grass swaying in the wind in high fidelity at 60fps. It’s going to be astounding lol.

7 Likes

Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

1 Like

If you want that we have a console for you, it’s called the PS5.

This is not serious.

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes